Used 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Good large car
By nvboy24

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car is large, but safe. Don't care for driver's seat much. Very good MPG for a large car, better then my Camry-Toyota with a 4-cyl and feels safer too. And no problems. V8 is smooth as silk, Ford has done a good job!

Smooth V8 powerful and very good MPG for a large car

Driver seat firm, stronger brakes.

Great Car For The Money
By J Forman

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Owned a 1996 Lincoln town car prior to purchasing the Marquis. Was going to get another but took test ride in Mercury and said "this is it".So far this is as good of an automoble as you could want. Extremly comfortable excellent gas mileage.Averaged 26 mpg on two trips in excess of 1500 miles at 70 mph. Performs just as good as the Lincoln, plus cost $20,000 less at purchase. Great machine.

Comfort, economical V8 power, huge trunk, price. Rather plain leather interior but who needs pretty.

Wind noise. Not bad but is more than I expected. Engine noise at low speed acceleration.

2nd Marquis
By Boston Girl

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had already owned a Grand Marquis and was looking for a new car. I test drove a Chevy Impala and Ford Fusion. I bought another Marquis because the price and ride was great and I know that it won't need a lot of future repairs. I wish it was sporty looking instead of a grampa car.

Great ride. Large trunk

Needs an updated design inside and out. Offer FWD or AWD. The RWD is lousy in the snow.

Best Automotive Value--Period!
By gd9704

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Let's start by pointing out I'm not your typical Grand Marquis buyer--I just turned 39 years old. My 8 year old Chyrsler 300M needed to be replaced and frankly, nothing out there really excited me--unless it cost $30k or more. I've always liked the look of Grand Marquis. They are a car-plain and simple. I found a nice silver '07 with leather and 16,000 miles on the clock for less than $16k. The ride is super-smooth, and the mileage is surprisingly good- combined city/highway of 22-24mpg. About the same as the 300m gave me. Some of my friends are giving me grief, but I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Pound for pound, these cars are a steal!

The ride is old school luxury-takes me back to when Caddilacs and Buicks pampered their occupants. I love it. After so many years of "sport" suspensions jarring my teeth and bones, this is a welcome change. I like the simplicity of this car--no GPS, no navigation, no bluetooth.

I do miss a left foot dead-pedal. The radio controls are a bit of a reach in the middle of the dash. A center console would be nice to stash your stuff. But that's about it.

Great cruiser
By jsilvey

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love this car. 42 years old, 3 kids. Comfy as any car I have owned - and I usually buy a car ever 12 months. Very low ownership cost, reliable, dependable, handles anything I can throw at it. Same basic drivetrain and build as police cars - built to withstand abuse. Large, safe, and anyone can work on it. Body on frame is a cheap fix in case of an accident. Runs alternative fuel - E85, reduces greenhouse gasses by 25%. Great way to start driving capital towards alternative fuel infrastructure while supporting American workers. Great car for return-on-investment folks - purchase one that has taken a little depreciation and you can own it cheap and have no large long-term ownership costs.

Comfort. Low total cost of ownership - just manage the depreciation factor correctly and it is a total win. Durable. Reliable. Large support network. Very well proven by municipal law-enforcement and livery agencies. Low-profile - does not attract attention.

Make upgraded stereo standard.