Used 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

A Lincoln Town Car for 20k less.
By Eric Andersen

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased car new. My second one Outside of car is rather large, .Front interior room above average, shockingly little leg room in back. Adequate head room for taller drivers. Very comfortable seats. Pleasant interior. Odd that it has a tack for this is not a performance car.Plenty of front leg room, adjustable steering wheel nice.Easy to get in and out. Easy to operate power windows and power seats.Awful electronic digital odometer that I can't read in bright light . Perfect for long trips but awful on wet and icy roads for it has rear wheel drive and will lose traction. Appearance of car is pleasant looks like a Lincoln Town car and has the same V8 engine which gives plenty of passing power. Huge trunk !They have improved the handling from earlier models and they got ride of those awful rear airbags that would leak. Gas Mileage is just okay for such a large car. Engine and transmission smooth and reliable but other repairs costly. The electronic gas pedal stuck a dangerous situation and cost $600 to get it repaired. Even more expensive the entire AC went out at 35k first the compressor went out then the actuator that open and closes the doors switching from AC to heat. Then the fan blower starting howling followed by the dash switch shorting out. It cost over 2 grand to repair. I live in Scottsdale, Arizona so you have to have AC.I owned a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis and NEVER HAD any AC problems. This is the type of car people either love or hate for it is so large and is an old fashioned design. I mostly bought car for it is easy to drive and the engines and transmissions in these cars go over 200k.I am 6'3 and 250 pounds and this car is easy to get in and out. Most modern cars are super small inside and I have trouble getting in and out. I do a lot of long highway driving and this car is perfect for that.

A real surprise
By ripdaddy

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a Crown Vic to pull my small bass boat with when this 2007 GM got in the way. 6 years old, 44000 miles, body on frame to handle a trailer hitch, $9500.00? Oh, yeah. I was expecting a somewhat clumsy driving experience. Boy, was I wrong! The suspension is tight and well controlled. The steering is precise and so smooth, too. I love driving it! I don't drive with a heavy foot so my worst mpg average for a tank of gas has been 24.6 with about a 40/60 city to highway ratio. A 300 mile highway trip yielded 28.1 mpg. The car is so nice I don't want to put the hitch on it. I feel like I got a new car for 9500 bucks. There are several like it out there, too.

The engine: small V-8 but more than adequate. A good suspension and excellent and tight steering. The seats felt like sitting on a sofa at first but feel comfortable to me now. The trunk is deep and wide. Good cup holders integrated with the ashtray. Good lighting inside and out.

It is big inside so things like the radio are a reach. The radio in my GS is just fair. It could use more interior storage like an overhead console for things like sunglasses.

Lincoln in Disguise
By biglinc1

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2007 Grand Marquis LS a few months back to replace an '03 Town Car. The Marquis had only 30k miles. The MPG is between 23-25, and some of the mid-size cars won't average much over that. I have plenty of leg room, and a huge trunk that you don't find on the smaller cars. It's as smooth as my Lincoln, and just as quiet. Would like to have had the redundant audio and HVAC controls on the steering wheel as the radio is a bit of a stretch for the driver. That was an option on the Grand Marquis but standard on the Town Car and Crown Vic LX.

Dual power seats with recliners, leather seats, auto AC, auto dimming mirror, keypad entry on the doors, fog lamps

Redundant audio and HVAC controls should have been standard on the Grand Marquis LS as it was on the Town Car and Crown Vic LX

Perrenial Winner Grand Marquis
By Chucktee1

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Grand Marquis and I've averaged around 200,000 miles on the previous three. The reason that these Ford/Mercury autos are used for livery and police cars is comfort, fuel economy, longevity and value. Buy Japanese, or German instead? I think not. Generally my experience is relatively negative to foreign autos contrary to published opinion. My 1998 GM repair bill was under $3,000 for eight years of use while I averaged 25 miles per gallon on the highway. Everyone loves the room and comfort of these autos on a long trip. You could buy smaller and perhaps average another 15% better gas mileage but the repair bill could easily reach 300% more, relative to my experience.

Interior comfort, field of view, 4.6 L V8, simple elegant controls, fuel economy.

The Grand Marquis are being discontinued in 2011 hence no comment is relevant. I hope to buy one more used one in four years.

A solid, traditional, reliable car
By Paul

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I find the official review from Edmunds a bit irresponsible! I fail to see the logic in urging folks not to want a so- called "throwback" of a car when the Grand Marquis is a solid, reliable US/Canadian vehicle that gets the job done in comfort and safety. Competitor cars have iffy build quality are costly to repair. Does Edmunds want us to pay more for something "new" just because newness is somehow better? I disagree! I have a 2008 BMW 5 series too and the iDrive is a mess, the dopey flipper shift knob gets in the way, parts break often and it's back to the $$$hop; it's constantly nagging at me too! A lousy personality I pay a fortune for. I'll take the familiar, old school Ford V8 anyday.

Simple, reliable, safe, comfortable, roomy, pleasant personality, V8 acceleration, it's not an over-hyped V6, reason to expect long trouble-free mileage, smooth rider... I could go on!

Keep it in production! Ford should stop listening to reviewers who imply everything should be a front-wheel drive anemic V6 jellybeans with matching performance stats. Update the styling a bit, maybe, but some things shouldn't be messed with.

• SUV