Used 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

A real surprise
By ripdaddy

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a Crown Vic to pull my small bass boat with when this 2007 GM got in the way. 6 years old, 44000 miles, body on frame to handle a trailer hitch, $9500.00? Oh, yeah. I was expecting a somewhat clumsy driving experience. Boy, was I wrong! The suspension is tight and well controlled. The steering is precise and so smooth, too. I love driving it! I don't drive with a heavy foot so my worst mpg average for a tank of gas has been 24.6 with about a 40/60 city to highway ratio. A 300 mile highway trip yielded 28.1 mpg. The car is so nice I don't want to put the hitch on it. I feel like I got a new car for 9500 bucks. There are several like it out there, too.

The engine: small V-8 but more than adequate. A good suspension and excellent and tight steering. The seats felt like sitting on a sofa at first but feel comfortable to me now. The trunk is deep and wide. Good cup holders integrated with the ashtray. Good lighting inside and out.

It is big inside so things like the radio are a reach. The radio in my GS is just fair. It could use more interior storage like an overhead console for things like sunglasses.

Lincoln in Disguise
By biglinc1

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2007 Grand Marquis LS a few months back to replace an '03 Town Car. The Marquis had only 30k miles. The MPG is between 23-25, and some of the mid-size cars won't average much over that. I have plenty of leg room, and a huge trunk that you don't find on the smaller cars. It's as smooth as my Lincoln, and just as quiet. Would like to have had the redundant audio and HVAC controls on the steering wheel as the radio is a bit of a stretch for the driver. That was an option on the Grand Marquis but standard on the Town Car and Crown Vic LX.

Dual power seats with recliners, leather seats, auto AC, auto dimming mirror, keypad entry on the doors, fog lamps

Redundant audio and HVAC controls should have been standard on the Grand Marquis LS as it was on the Town Car and Crown Vic LX

Perrenial Winner Grand Marquis
By Chucktee1

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Grand Marquis and I've averaged around 200,000 miles on the previous three. The reason that these Ford/Mercury autos are used for livery and police cars is comfort, fuel economy, longevity and value. Buy Japanese, or German instead? I think not. Generally my experience is relatively negative to foreign autos contrary to published opinion. My 1998 GM repair bill was under $3,000 for eight years of use while I averaged 25 miles per gallon on the highway. Everyone loves the room and comfort of these autos on a long trip. You could buy smaller and perhaps average another 15% better gas mileage but the repair bill could easily reach 300% more, relative to my experience.

Interior comfort, field of view, 4.6 L V8, simple elegant controls, fuel economy.

The Grand Marquis are being discontinued in 2011 hence no comment is relevant. I hope to buy one more used one in four years.

A solid, traditional, reliable car
By Paul

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I find the official review from Edmunds a bit irresponsible! I fail to see the logic in urging folks not to want a so- called "throwback" of a car when the Grand Marquis is a solid, reliable US/Canadian vehicle that gets the job done in comfort and safety. Competitor cars have iffy build quality are costly to repair. Does Edmunds want us to pay more for something "new" just because newness is somehow better? I disagree! I have a 2008 BMW 5 series too and the iDrive is a mess, the dopey flipper shift knob gets in the way, parts break often and it's back to the $$$hop; it's constantly nagging at me too! A lousy personality I pay a fortune for. I'll take the familiar, old school Ford V8 anyday.

Simple, reliable, safe, comfortable, roomy, pleasant personality, V8 acceleration, it's not an over-hyped V6, reason to expect long trouble-free mileage, smooth rider... I could go on!

Keep it in production! Ford should stop listening to reviewers who imply everything should be a front-wheel drive anemic V6 jellybeans with matching performance stats. Update the styling a bit, maybe, but some things shouldn't be messed with.

Good Car Good Value Good Size.
By George Mitsos

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the Mercury Grand M. LS I paid a good price I got a Full size car and I am very happy ! Believe it or not a traded it a Honda accord. My Lower back was killing me the car had a lot of noise. I do not like Japanese cars! I am 45 years old and I enjoy the soft ride of my new car The size is perfect for my family and I can put all my luggage for my long trip. This car is either you love it or hate it. There si nothing in between powerful and solid made.!

quiet & soft ride ride with the right pick up.

Please upgrade the interior design there is nothing modern and user friendly. It needs cup holders for a coffee or even water bottle. The rest of the dashboard needs upgrade too. The full size tire in the trunk takes so much space.!