2007 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
A real surprise
By ripdaddy

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a Crown Vic to pull my small bass boat with when this 2007 GM got in the way. 6 years old, 44000 miles, body on frame to handle a trailer hitch, $9500.00? Oh, yeah. I was expecting a somewhat clumsy driving experience. Boy, was I wrong! The suspension is tight and well controlled. The steering is precise and so smooth, too. I love driving it! I don't drive with a heavy foot so my worst mpg average for a tank of gas has been 24.6 with about a 40/60 city to highway ratio. A 300 mile highway trip yielded 28.1 mpg. The car is so nice I don't want to put the hitch on it. I feel like I got a new car for 9500 bucks. There are several like it out there, too.

Favorite Features

The engine: small V-8 but more than adequate. A good suspension and excellent and tight steering. The seats felt like sitting on a sofa at first but feel comfortable to me now. The trunk is deep and wide. Good cup holders integrated with the ashtray. Good lighting inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

It is big inside so things like the radio are a reach. The radio in my GS is just fair. It could use more interior storage like an overhead console for things like sunglasses.

Lincoln in Disguise
By biglinc1

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2007 Grand Marquis LS a few months back to replace an '03 Town Car. The Marquis had only 30k miles. The MPG is between 23-25, and some of the mid-size cars won't average much over that. I have plenty of leg room, and a huge trunk that you don't find on the smaller cars. It's as smooth as my Lincoln, and just as quiet. Would like to have had the redundant audio and HVAC controls on the steering wheel as the radio is a bit of a stretch for the driver. That was an option on the Grand Marquis but standard on the Town Car and Crown Vic LX.

Favorite Features

Dual power seats with recliners, leather seats, auto AC, auto dimming mirror, keypad entry on the doors, fog lamps

Suggested Improvements

Redundant audio and HVAC controls should have been standard on the Grand Marquis LS as it was on the Town Car and Crown Vic LX

Perrenial Winner Grand Marquis
By Chucktee1

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Grand Marquis and I've averaged around 200,000 miles on the previous three. The reason that these Ford/Mercury autos are used for livery and police cars is comfort, fuel economy, longevity and value. Buy Japanese, or German instead? I think not. Generally my experience is relatively negative to foreign autos contrary to published opinion. My 1998 GM repair bill was under $3,000 for eight years of use while I averaged 25 miles per gallon on the highway. Everyone loves the room and comfort of these autos on a long trip. You could buy smaller and perhaps average another 15% better gas mileage but the repair bill could easily reach 300% more, relative to my experience.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, field of view, 4.6 L V8, simple elegant controls, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

The Grand Marquis are being discontinued in 2011 hence no comment is relevant. I hope to buy one more used one in four years.

A solid, traditional, reliable car
By Paul

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I find the official review from Edmunds a bit irresponsible! I fail to see the logic in urging folks not to want a so- called "throwback" of a car when the Grand Marquis is a solid, reliable US/Canadian vehicle that gets the job done in comfort and safety. Competitor cars have iffy build quality are costly to repair. Does Edmunds want us to pay more for something "new" just because newness is somehow better? I disagree! I have a 2008 BMW 5 series too and the iDrive is a mess, the dopey flipper shift knob gets in the way, parts break often and it's back to the $$$hop; it's constantly nagging at me too! A lousy personality I pay a fortune for. I'll take the familiar, old school Ford V8 anyday.

Favorite Features

Simple, reliable, safe, comfortable, roomy, pleasant personality, V8 acceleration, it's not an over-hyped V6, reason to expect long trouble-free mileage, smooth rider... I could go on!

Suggested Improvements

Keep it in production! Ford should stop listening to reviewers who imply everything should be a front-wheel drive anemic V6 jellybeans with matching performance stats. Update the styling a bit, maybe, but some things shouldn't be messed with.

Good Car Good Value Good Size.
By George Mitsos

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the Mercury Grand M. LS I paid a good price I got a Full size car and I am very happy ! Believe it or not a traded it a Honda accord. My Lower back was killing me the car had a lot of noise. I do not like Japanese cars! I am 45 years old and I enjoy the soft ride of my new car The size is perfect for my family and I can put all my luggage for my long trip. This car is either you love it or hate it. There si nothing in between powerful and solid made.!

Favorite Features

quiet & soft ride ride with the right pick up.

Suggested Improvements

Please upgrade the interior design there is nothing modern and user friendly. It needs cup holders for a coffee or even water bottle. The rest of the dashboard needs upgrade too. The full size tire in the trunk takes so much space.!

Excellent Car
By Dieter

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Silky smooth and fuel efficient engine. I get 20.5 in town around Boston and as high as 27 on the highway. Looked at BMW's, but they do not offer a proportionately better handling or ride for the value, plus they burn expensive premium gas. I still can't find a better car for the price. I put heavy sway bars on the car (rear end) for a couple of hundred dollars. Big difference. Suspension mods are easy and cheap. Car's design inside and out is simple, and uncluttered... but I like that. Only complaint, is that the rear seat does not fold down, and they don't make a roof rack.

"GRANDE" Marquis
By Jack McGowan

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a '93,'96,'97,'03 and now a 2007.Would I rebuy these beauties if the weren't an excellent car? gave the 93 to grandson,traded the '96 for the 07,sold the '97 to my son and sold the 03 when wife died.They were all superior performing cars and all got between 22 and 25 mpg.You can do no better at the price.

Favorite Features

comfort,power,room,reliability.

Suggested Improvements

cup holders.traction

Very Disappointed
By upset-grandma

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very disappointed with the quality vs. value. Wanted to get rid of it within 2 months, but now very upside down on loan (because a lousy quality vehicle) and now have to keep until loan is paid down! Which makes me dislike it more! Outside too big, inside too small, ride is very rough. Just stuck with a lousy car that I don't enjoy driving! The only positive thing about the car, it's been dependable. But so have my other cars, which makes us regret the day we bought this car. No wonder the car companies are going bankrupt, the quality is not worth what they're charging. As soon as it's driven away, it immediately drops in value $10,000?? But the new ones are still priced at $27,000??

Favorite Features

No favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

Make the car a better quality to keep the value up for trade in! Since the car is so big, utilize some of the oversized trunk space and enlarge the interior. The cup holders need to be more user friendly! Make the front seats better quality. Front passenger side is very uncomfortable.

More than happy
By BARRI

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Marquis slightly used and at a huge discount. This car does everything right with a giant sized trunk, 6 passenger capacity and 21 mpg on average. Reliability has been perfect so far and I certainly appreciate the super low insurance rates. Being larger than average, the interior room is excellent and the safety rating is reassuring. This may be close to the last car I'll ever buy and I'm only 42. I hear all the stories about sloppy handling. Those people should get a Corvette. This car is designed for cruising and does so very well. This is basically a lincoln town car with a $25,000 rebate. All those cops, taxicab drivers and government employees can't be wrong.

Favorite Features

Big trunk, rock solid reliability, interior room and beautiful smooth V-8 power.

Suggested Improvements

In cabin air filter and 5 speed transmission would be nice to boost mileage still further

2007 Grand Marquis, Great road car
By Real Cowboy

2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Grand Marquis and I think it's a great car. People seem to want to talk about how it has a lack of handling with some roll in the corners or how it should look more sporty or its lack of power. This is a large semi luxury vehicle, it's not a race car. This is a great road car and when buying a nice comfortable vehicle these points are mute. If you want a sporty suspension with more power then doin't buy it, but if you want a vehicle that delivers a good ride, decent fuel economy (for it's size at 25 mpg highway) and plenty of room for the family at a reasonable price then this is the car for you.