2006 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Very Pleased

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Review

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

GS Convenience Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Very Pleased
By Mike on

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the car used with 9800 miles showing. Had rented an LS the year before and really liked the car. The only thing I did not like about the rental were the too soft seats. Got a great deal on this GS w leather and like it better than the LS I took to Colorado. It is very manuverable for its size. Its easy to get in and out of and dont believe everything you read in Consumer Reports...I get 27 to 28 mpg on the highway. You drive it like a moron and you'll pay for it at the pump just like any other vehicle. And no, the Chrysler 300 is not a better or roomier vehicle. My car is much quieter, roomier, easier ingress and egress and MUCH better visibility.

Favorite Features

Wonderful smooth ride on the highway or in town. Classy looks and huge trunk. No minivan needed or wanted. Kind of makes one wonder why friends and family would rather take my (cop car) Merc instead of their new Mazdas or Toyotas. Comfortable and you don't need a rope to get out of it.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign and upgrade the interior. Cupholders in rear seat in all trim levels. Quality of leather and carpeting is just barely acceptable. The tooling for the car was paid for years ago so there has been a healthy profit margin for sometime. No excuse for letting this good of a car stagnate.