Exactly what I need
By Bill on
2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
True, this car is't cutting edge. The '06 is my 2nd one, the other was a '98.The stiffer chassis and rack and pinion steering on the newer models create a more satisfying driving experience. The car is floaty and large, but I am on the road six days a week, and cover about 4,000 miles a month. This car is my office and home away from home. I bought is certified pre-owned for almost nothing, as depreciation is poor on these cars. Never would I have bought one new, but is it a huge bargain used. I had a Chrysler 300C. It was pretty and powerful... and a piece of junk. For a functional tank that won't let you down, you can't do better than these dinosaurs.
Favorite Features
Great heated seats. Key pad on drivers door. Large trunk. Better steering than before. Oil life monitor. Simple, cheap components. No frills exterior makes it less visible to the police. Cheap! $13,900 for a 1.5 year old model with only 10k miles? I can afford to buy two a year!
Suggested Improvements
I will continue to buy these cars until Ford comes out with a unit body rear wheel drive chassis to replace these cars that is affordable and durable.