Used 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Classic American Sedan
By ghcrooks

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Having Driven Grand Marqui's and Crown Vic's as company cars off and on for nearly 2 decades, when it came time to purchase a car for myself I waded into familiar territory and picked a Grand M after a less than satisfactory 2 years slugging it out with a 2003 Taurus SES. $ for $ and # for #, I don't know another mark as comfortable, reliable and smooth. Sure, the styling is dated (or is that "classic"?), but the room, ride and overall quality cannot be matched for under $25k.

Favorite Features

8 way adjustable seating, handling package, acceleration, quietness and old school full sized American sedan styling

Suggested Improvements

Driver's storage compartments, relocate cup holders away from control systems (completely blocks A/C). memory for climate control settings, outside auto-dim mirrors as well.

Great car for the money
By T Barber

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car is comfy, but seats need more support. Car runs really well for the size of car & engine. Transmission seems to always be "in the zone" with very good 1st gear power and ready willingness to downshift to appropriate gear when passing. Mileage is very good at 27-28 hwy, 16-17 around town. The tach is a good addition. Car steers and handles very well for being over 2 tons.

Favorite Features

Good handling and mileage. Power good for size of car. Seamless tranny. Cavernous trunk

Suggested Improvements

more supportive seating, offer 5.4L engine, improve the headlights ( hi beam ineffectual), better insulate against road noise

My 2006 Grand Marquis LS - I Love It!!
By Carl S.

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love the ride of my new 06 Merc Grand Marquis LS. Handled well on trip from Phx to Las Vegas after I drove 500+ local miles first. Did not realize I was doing 98 mph on the way up. The ride was flawless and handled the road and curves very well. The turning radius is excellent for such a large car and like the other comments fuel consumption is better than stated. I found it to be the best value for the large car market. Luxury w/o the price tag. People think this is your Dad's / Granddad's type car, but once they get into it they love it!! Big and roomy.

Favorite Features

The leather seats, overall ride,the power when you put the pedal to the medal without sounding like a race car going down the street. Very roomy and the power seats for driver and passenger.

Suggested Improvements

Full size spare tire standard, update audio sound system for the next generation of drivers with controls in the steering wheel and bose sound system, make the doors sound a little more solid when closing. Some type of strap handle on the door to grab when closing doors. larger rim options. thxs!

Suprised!
By Dan G.

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got a good deal on a Limited. 1st car in 20 yrs. Very pleased with comfort, quality and economy. Avg. 22+ and over 28 mpg on long trips. Leather seats need to wrap around more to hold you while cornering. Needs more storage in cabin. Has a tendency to react to ruts in the road. My needs changed after 20 years in F250's & 350's. I was looking for normal more comfortable transportation. Since I truly had no clue what I wanted I was overwhelmed with choices. Nothing really excited me so I figured keep it simple. This car meet all my needs without being gaudy or looking like a jelly bean. In retrospect it's more car than I ever imagined for under 25K!

Favorite Features

Comfort, Fuel Economy, good looks

Suggested Improvements

Seats that are more snug. Better radio reception, more console like storage, Offer a Sport Package

good all around
By pollyreimerjones

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

we have just returned from a long trip of over 1800 miles and our new marquis performed excellently. A great ride, with good gas mileage.

Favorite Features

our fourth grand marquis. they have been trouble free.

Suggested Improvements

moving some of the radio controls over so they can more easily reached by the driver. Putting outdoor temperature controls on the gs model.