2006 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Not a sports car
By dankalm on 07/06/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is a living room on wheels-- very comfy, nice and quiet and plenty of room. If you're looking for a sports car--keep looking, if you're looking for comfort and functionality for a reasonable price--this is it. For about 2k more than my wife's element-- I ride in elegant comfort.

Excellent big V8 value
By FRANK on 07/05/06 14:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My satisfaction with a 1994 ford crown victoria I purchased new, drew me back to my looking at the Mercury. The excellent value for the money of a quality auto ruled out considering the Chrysler big cars and the Toyota and Honda offerings as well as the Chevrolet big car. The comfort and room are worth the small trade off in gas mileage, plus the safety of a bigger car. The wide choices of options allowed not having to pay for unwanted and needless ones. Only one small service shop item, failure of keyless door pad which was repaired at no charge. The standard features and overall attention to detail shows that from my 1995 crown vic, to my present 2006 grand marquis, quality is first class.

Big Car - Big Value
By jlg on 07/01/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The gas mileage is amazing for the size of car. Overall the drive is quiet. Roomy is the key word of this car! The seats could use a bit more redesign as they tend to be a bit low to the floor.

Reliabile
By Rolf Potsch on 06/29/06 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

absolutely no problems. Is not a Mercedes Benz like our other 2 cars. It is a good reliabile car for the price

Smooth Ride
By duke on 06/16/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The auto handles well and gets good milage on the open road. It is stylish. If I had to find one fault I would say it could use better soundproofing. There is high road noise from cabin.

Love our Mercury Grand Marquis
By Nancy Newell on 04/10/06 09:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bring back the crome strip on the dashoard. It made the inside richer looking. Need more interier colors to pick from in regards to carpeting and cloth seats.

outstanding
By Chuck Burkhard on 04/04/06 05:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

roomy, comfortable, gas mileage better than advertised, reasonably quick, cavernous trunk, with the LS trim level it's a poor mans' Town Car.

Disappointed in new Mercury
By B. Haworth on 02/26/06 14:43 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a new Mercury Grand Marquis Premium LS about 2 weeks ago. I had it up to Interstate speed earlier this week and discovered that the wind and tire noise are horrible. It is so loud that it drowns out the radio. I took it back to the dealer who claims to have test drove it along with another new Mercury. He claimed the other new car noise was as loud or louder than my car. His conclusion was that the noise was a design flaw and there was nothing he could do. I have a hard time believing Mercury would manufacture a vehicle with this much driving noise, but apparently they did. I cannot and will not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

A 2003 Mercury Gr. Marq. review
By W. Shideler on 01/22/06 14:54 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

With all its looks, the dusgusting thumps, bumps and grinding wheel noises (dealer says tire is noise cause; he shyed away from:which tire is it?) it's a much improved driving experience. I believe the noise is ignored for business reasons. It is disturbing and I will have an independent garage check it out.

Bill Anderson's Grand Marquis (2006)
By william anderson on 01/11/06 13:18 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a luxury car that is value priced. It is a very safe vehicle with very low insurence rates. The car has a lot of room, and is great for long drives it is very spacious, and you can travel in total comfort. this car has all of the luxury you would want at an axceptional price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.