Used 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

ignore the negative consumer reports
By Haystack

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

these consumer report guys are cracked! I get an average of 23mpg just driving it to and from work. They say thats the max. on the highway I have recorded a max average for that tank of gas 28.3 mpg (maintaining a steady 65mph for extended period of time with minamal non-freeway driving) This particular trip, I filled up in Beloit,WI and didn't fill up again until Rolla,MO; mapquest it to see how many miles!

boy am I glad there is still a v-8 rwd car that still has a hood and a trunk lid. Those cars with the 8" long truk lid and the short stubby turned down front ends look rediculous.

would appeal to mor buyers if it was still available as: Station wagon(not a crossover!)families would buy. Two door, young people would buy.

Mixed bag
By Joe Woelfel

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The exterior styling and colors were very nice. I would choose something other than a light color interior. It shows low mileage wear badly. Great performance. Mediocre mileage both highway and city. Lots of road noise in the interior.

Styling and colors.

Better quality interior materials. Needs more entry and leg room for rear seat.

Exactly what I need
By Bill

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

True, this car is't cutting edge. The '06 is my 2nd one, the other was a '98.The stiffer chassis and rack and pinion steering on the newer models create a more satisfying driving experience. The car is floaty and large, but I am on the road six days a week, and cover about 4,000 miles a month. This car is my office and home away from home. I bought is certified pre-owned for almost nothing, as depreciation is poor on these cars. Never would I have bought one new, but is it a huge bargain used. I had a Chrysler 300C. It was pretty and powerful... and a piece of junk. For a functional tank that won't let you down, you can't do better than these dinosaurs.

Great heated seats. Key pad on drivers door. Large trunk. Better steering than before. Oil life monitor. Simple, cheap components. No frills exterior makes it less visible to the police. Cheap! $13,900 for a 1.5 year old model with only 10k miles? I can afford to buy two a year!

I will continue to buy these cars until Ford comes out with a unit body rear wheel drive chassis to replace these cars that is affordable and durable.

Great Used car Value with decent MPG
By Mark

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Seats 6 (not on long trips however) and averages 23 mpg. Great trunk space. Reliability is one of the best and even beats a lot of Japanese luxury cars as noted by consumer reports and JD Power surveys. Highway cruising is the way it should be. Beats SUV and most crossovers for mileage and mine has traction control for winter driving ( I don't really need 4 wheel drive on paved roads). I bought it used very cheap because no one wants a v8 right now. Great choice for the used car buyer! Everyone thinks it's a geezer car (I'm only 42 and perfect for my family). Radio isn't powerful enough (maybe made for geezers). Pronounced wind noise and steering vibration.

Considering that it hauls up to 6 people (albeit short trips) and all their luggage in a massive trunk, it gets great mileage at between 20 and 25. The price used is unbelieveably low because no one wants a V8 right now which makes it a greatbuy. Reliability has been exceptional throughout the years

Perhaps Ford should look at mating a V6 with this car to improve the mileage. The front seats need to be more supportive. The suspension could be beefier to improve towing from 2000 pounds. Isn't there anyway Ford can make this car look less like grandpa's? How about a convertible or wagon version?

The Grand
By mm

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this 06 LS to replace a V6 Chevy. The Merc has such comfy leather seats, big roomy interior and a huge trunk. This car is so quiet that when I test drove it I thought the engine wasn't even running when I stopped at a red light. On the highway mpg is about 25-28 which is remarkable for a big car. The design is old school but safety played another important role in buying this car as its RWD and full frame instead of unibody. Most people call these granny cars, but I like the style and comfort, plus it gets me where I'm going safely and with my factory chrome-plated rims it shows a bit of flair too.

Big powerful V8, quiet interior, comfy leather seats, factory-chromed wheels, overhead console cd player. I think this car is awesome!

Make the chrome-plated wheels standard on all Grand Marquis