2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Very Pleased
By Mike on 12/17/07 20:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the car used with 9800 miles showing. Had rented an LS the year before and really liked the car. The only thing I did not like about the rental were the too soft seats. Got a great deal on this GS w leather and like it better than the LS I took to Colorado. It is very manuverable for its size. Its easy to get in and out of and dont believe everything you read in Consumer Reports...I get 27 to 28 mpg on the highway. You drive it like a moron and you'll pay for it at the pump just like any other vehicle. And no, the Chrysler 300 is not a better or roomier vehicle. My car is much quieter, roomier, easier ingress and egress and MUCH better visibility.

Pretty good so far
By Martin on 11/06/07 09:51 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Grand Marquis and I have owned it for 14 months. I primary use it for work and recreational driving on the weekends. I have put on 31,000 miles and it's been pretty reliable so far. I get about 21-22mpg doing both city and highway driving. I think it handles pretty well for such a big car. The traction control came in handy in the snow.

This is a Sedan
By mongo on 10/14/07 20:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this model for 15 months and it is still in the "teething" stage because of the low miles. So far, there have not been any major problems with this unit and rather enjoy the road-boat. I can zip-zip thru traffic, room permitting, as if I were in a coupe and not a full-sized sedan. The style is quite nice but rather chintzy on the inside and outside trim. The trunk space is partially taken up by a full-sized spare and think a smaller spare would be adequate. The gas mpg is rather low but will wait for the engine other components to "seat-in" and then see what the mpg will be with more miles on this car.

Fun to drive
By marquislover on 08/09/07 07:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Even though the Marquis is viewed as an old-school car, it is fun to drive. Handles well around corners, stops on a dime (for a big car!) And give you a sense of safety. Currently getting 23- 25mpg, and room enough for 5-6 people. Ok 4 heavy ones! I am so pleased. Does Detroit think that size doesnÂ’t matter? Big cars rule! Look at the number of SUVs on the road. I want a car and the marquis is the only one that fits the bill! Thanks Mercury-never touch it!

By Barb on 04/03/07 09:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We traded our Park Ave for this car. I find that the seat was made for a tall person it is way too deep for the average person. Your legs rub on the edge of the seat. This makes it very uncomfortable. There is not enough storage inside. Plus the trunk is too deep when pulling out heavey luggage. For a big car it has less room in the back seat then the even the Park Ave. Also the Buick is much quiter inside and has a better sounding radio. Between the two, wish I had bought Buick

Classic American Sedan
By ghcrooks on 12/31/06 03:25 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Having Driven Grand Marqui's and Crown Vic's as company cars off and on for nearly 2 decades, when it came time to purchase a car for myself I waded into familiar territory and picked a Grand M after a less than satisfactory 2 years slugging it out with a 2003 Taurus SES. $ for $ and # for #, I don't know another mark as comfortable, reliable and smooth. Sure, the styling is dated (or is that "classic"?), but the room, ride and overall quality cannot be matched for under $25k.

Great car for the money
By T Barber on 12/28/06 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Car is comfy, but seats need more support. Car runs really well for the size of car & engine. Transmission seems to always be "in the zone" with very good 1st gear power and ready willingness to downshift to appropriate gear when passing. Mileage is very good at 27-28 hwy, 16-17 around town. The tach is a good addition. Car steers and handles very well for being over 2 tons.

My 2006 Grand Marquis LS - I Love It!!
By Carl S. on 12/15/06 21:50 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love the ride of my new 06 Merc Grand Marquis LS. Handled well on trip from Phx to Las Vegas after I drove 500+ local miles first. Did not realize I was doing 98 mph on the way up. The ride was flawless and handled the road and curves very well. The turning radius is excellent for such a large car and like the other comments fuel consumption is better than stated. I found it to be the best value for the large car market. Luxury w/o the price tag. People think this is your Dad's / Granddad's type car, but once they get into it they love it!! Big and roomy.

Suprised!
By Dan G. on 07/14/06 21:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got a good deal on a Limited. 1st car in 20 yrs. Very pleased with comfort, quality and economy. Avg. 22+ and over 28 mpg on long trips. Leather seats need to wrap around more to hold you while cornering. Needs more storage in cabin. Has a tendency to react to ruts in the road. My needs changed after 20 years in F250's & 350's. I was looking for normal more comfortable transportation. Since I truly had no clue what I wanted I was overwhelmed with choices. Nothing really excited me so I figured keep it simple. This car meet all my needs without being gaudy or looking like a jelly bean. In retrospect it's more car than I ever imagined for under 25K!

good all around
By pollyreimerjones on 07/09/06 12:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

we have just returned from a long trip of over 1800 miles and our new marquis performed excellently. A great ride, with good gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.