Used 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Kids call it my GEEZER
By WAM

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love my Ultimate got T-boned in a 2005 walked away unharmed can't say same for guy who ran red light. Safety and a good large American car built with good steel kept me in good shape. Went next day to same dealer and he put me in a 2006 for my insurance check. Recommend business with Rich Morton of Annapolis any day. Car is comfortable for a big guy like me at 260lbs and my wife at 115lbs and at my age in sales I don't need to impress anyone with wasteful spending.

The whole package.

Should have a console for stuff.

so far it's been great !!
By me

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a '97 buick lesabra which was just ok. but after driving the Grand M. i was blowwn away & may still trade in for an older Marauder. much more leg & body room for a large guy. v-8 rwd. alot better then the v-6 fwd. I don't think ford will keep this platform after '08-'09. Too bad. On the down side rear seat leg room is small but i like the big trunk.

front leg & body rm. lots of trunk space drives handles accelerates very good for a big car.

should have at least kept making the sport model and/or the Marauder. could have put the cup holder in better location. hate the thumb wheel for fan motor should have been reg. turn dial. passenger air-bag warning lite looks too cheep & dosen't match the rest of the dash.

ignore the negative consumer reports
By Haystack

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

these consumer report guys are cracked! I get an average of 23mpg just driving it to and from work. They say thats the max. on the highway I have recorded a max average for that tank of gas 28.3 mpg (maintaining a steady 65mph for extended period of time with minamal non-freeway driving) This particular trip, I filled up in Beloit,WI and didn't fill up again until Rolla,MO; mapquest it to see how many miles!

boy am I glad there is still a v-8 rwd car that still has a hood and a trunk lid. Those cars with the 8" long truk lid and the short stubby turned down front ends look rediculous.

would appeal to mor buyers if it was still available as: Station wagon(not a crossover!)families would buy. Two door, young people would buy.

Mixed bag
By Joe Woelfel

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The exterior styling and colors were very nice. I would choose something other than a light color interior. It shows low mileage wear badly. Great performance. Mediocre mileage both highway and city. Lots of road noise in the interior.

Styling and colors.

Better quality interior materials. Needs more entry and leg room for rear seat.

Exactly what I need
By Bill

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

True, this car is't cutting edge. The '06 is my 2nd one, the other was a '98.The stiffer chassis and rack and pinion steering on the newer models create a more satisfying driving experience. The car is floaty and large, but I am on the road six days a week, and cover about 4,000 miles a month. This car is my office and home away from home. I bought is certified pre-owned for almost nothing, as depreciation is poor on these cars. Never would I have bought one new, but is it a huge bargain used. I had a Chrysler 300C. It was pretty and powerful... and a piece of junk. For a functional tank that won't let you down, you can't do better than these dinosaurs.

Great heated seats. Key pad on drivers door. Large trunk. Better steering than before. Oil life monitor. Simple, cheap components. No frills exterior makes it less visible to the police. Cheap! $13,900 for a 1.5 year old model with only 10k miles? I can afford to buy two a year!

I will continue to buy these cars until Ford comes out with a unit body rear wheel drive chassis to replace these cars that is affordable and durable.