Used 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

beware....its a ford
By nveragain

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

purchased the car in 2007 with 10K miles on it. after 2 years, the "blend" apparatus required replacement. ( this is the little door that opens and closes to give you cool or warm air.) that was a 1K repair and after 2 attempts, have still not succeeded in putting the dash back together correctly. today I learned that one of fords most reliable models requires a new intake manifold. this vehicle has 92K miles on it. have read many forums about this problem however this was supposed to have been corrected in 2005. NOT!! so if you're planning on purchasing a ford or mercury with a 4.6L this will cost you around 1200. will be going back to Honda later this year......

Fits my personality
By css140058

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I truly love this car. Comfort, Size, Safety, Reliability, Decent MPG, Easy to read controls, feels like I am driving my couch down the road.

I like all the features.

Radio controls are a pain to reach.

Great Car, but We need Ford's Help
By Max Walker

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car drives great,looks good, is comfortable and well built over all. There are thousands of people who share this view. Ford please do something to quiet some of these radical critics who make fun of this great vehicle. The more people are made to believe this propaganda, the more our resale value for the vehicle falls.

The push button maintenance control buttons on the dash.

Do a better finishing job below the dash by covering up wires by installing a more sophisticated housing for those wires.The stop light in the rear window leaks red light through the carks when activated. Get a more sophisticated housing for that light.

Kids call it my GEEZER
By WAM

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love my Ultimate got T-boned in a 2005 walked away unharmed can't say same for guy who ran red light. Safety and a good large American car built with good steel kept me in good shape. Went next day to same dealer and he put me in a 2006 for my insurance check. Recommend business with Rich Morton of Annapolis any day. Car is comfortable for a big guy like me at 260lbs and my wife at 115lbs and at my age in sales I don't need to impress anyone with wasteful spending.

The whole package.

Should have a console for stuff.

so far it's been great !!
By me

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a '97 buick lesabra which was just ok. but after driving the Grand M. i was blowwn away & may still trade in for an older Marauder. much more leg & body room for a large guy. v-8 rwd. alot better then the v-6 fwd. I don't think ford will keep this platform after '08-'09. Too bad. On the down side rear seat leg room is small but i like the big trunk.

front leg & body rm. lots of trunk space drives handles accelerates very good for a big car.

should have at least kept making the sport model and/or the Marauder. could have put the cup holder in better location. hate the thumb wheel for fan motor should have been reg. turn dial. passenger air-bag warning lite looks too cheep & dosen't match the rest of the dash.