Used 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

beware....its a ford
By nveragain

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

purchased the car in 2007 with 10K miles on it. after 2 years, the "blend" apparatus required replacement. ( this is the little door that opens and closes to give you cool or warm air.) that was a 1K repair and after 2 attempts, have still not succeeded in putting the dash back together correctly. today I learned that one of fords most reliable models requires a new intake manifold. this vehicle has 92K miles on it. have read many forums about this problem however this was supposed to have been corrected in 2005. NOT!! so if you're planning on purchasing a ford or mercury with a 4.6L this will cost you around 1200. will be going back to Honda later this year......

ignore the negative consumer reports
By Haystack

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

these consumer report guys are cracked! I get an average of 23mpg just driving it to and from work. They say thats the max. on the highway I have recorded a max average for that tank of gas 28.3 mpg (maintaining a steady 65mph for extended period of time with minamal non-freeway driving) This particular trip, I filled up in Beloit,WI and didn't fill up again until Rolla,MO; mapquest it to see how many miles!

boy am I glad there is still a v-8 rwd car that still has a hood and a trunk lid. Those cars with the 8" long truk lid and the short stubby turned down front ends look rediculous.

would appeal to mor buyers if it was still available as: Station wagon(not a crossover!)families would buy. Two door, young people would buy.

Very Pleased
By Mike

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the car used with 9800 miles showing. Had rented an LS the year before and really liked the car. The only thing I did not like about the rental were the too soft seats. Got a great deal on this GS w leather and like it better than the LS I took to Colorado. It is very manuverable for its size. Its easy to get in and out of and dont believe everything you read in Consumer Reports...I get 27 to 28 mpg on the highway. You drive it like a moron and you'll pay for it at the pump just like any other vehicle. And no, the Chrysler 300 is not a better or roomier vehicle. My car is much quieter, roomier, easier ingress and egress and MUCH better visibility.

Wonderful smooth ride on the highway or in town. Classy looks and huge trunk. No minivan needed or wanted. Kind of makes one wonder why friends and family would rather take my (cop car) Merc instead of their new Mazdas or Toyotas. Comfortable and you don't need a rope to get out of it.

Redesign and upgrade the interior. Cupholders in rear seat in all trim levels. Quality of leather and carpeting is just barely acceptable. The tooling for the car was paid for years ago so there has been a healthy profit margin for sometime. No excuse for letting this good of a car stagnate.

Pretty good so far
By Martin

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Grand Marquis and I have owned it for 14 months. I primary use it for work and recreational driving on the weekends. I have put on 31,000 miles and it's been pretty reliable so far. I get about 21-22mpg doing both city and highway driving. I think it handles pretty well for such a big car. The traction control came in handy in the snow.

Very comfortable cloth seats and a nice soft ride which is what I wanted. I had a Toyota Camry LE before and it doesn't match it in these respects. I also feel safer since it's a much larger car. I also like the extra power, going from a four cylinder to an eight.

Better cup holders, they are too small and feel flimsy.

This is a Sedan
By mongo

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this model for 15 months and it is still in the "teething" stage because of the low miles. So far, there have not been any major problems with this unit and rather enjoy the road-boat. I can zip-zip thru traffic, room permitting, as if I were in a coupe and not a full-sized sedan. The style is quite nice but rather chintzy on the inside and outside trim. The trunk space is partially taken up by a full-sized spare and think a smaller spare would be adequate. The gas mpg is rather low but will wait for the engine other components to "seat-in" and then see what the mpg will be with more miles on this car.

Even though the engine is on the small size, it still has some zip and like it rather well. The leather-covered seats are nice and the interior lighting is very useful. And, the four-wheel ABS and traction control are very nice features to have.

The seating could be more firmer, better quality of leather covering would be best, the arm-rests need to be improved and made stronger, and the head-lights need to have true high-beam capability rather than brighter standard-beam. The engine could be improved by making it a true small-block V-8.