2006 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

GS Convenience Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
beware....its a ford
By nveragain on 04/24/13 11:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

purchased the car in 2007 with 10K miles on it. after 2 years, the "blend" apparatus required replacement. ( this is the little door that opens and closes to give you cool or warm air.) that was a 1K repair and after 2 attempts, have still not succeeded in putting the dash back together correctly. today I learned that one of fords most reliable models requires a new intake manifold. this vehicle has 92K miles on it. have read many forums about this problem however this was supposed to have been corrected in 2005. NOT!! so if you're planning on purchasing a ford or mercury with a 4.6L this will cost you around 1200. will be going back to Honda later this year......

ignore the negative consumer reports
By Haystack on 03/05/09 06:24 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

these consumer report guys are cracked! I get an average of 23mpg just driving it to and from work. They say thats the max. on the highway I have recorded a max average for that tank of gas 28.3 mpg (maintaining a steady 65mph for extended period of time with minamal non-freeway driving) This particular trip, I filled up in Beloit,WI and didn't fill up again until Rolla,MO; mapquest it to see how many miles!

Very Pleased
By Mike on 12/17/07 20:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the car used with 9800 miles showing. Had rented an LS the year before and really liked the car. The only thing I did not like about the rental were the too soft seats. Got a great deal on this GS w leather and like it better than the LS I took to Colorado. It is very manuverable for its size. Its easy to get in and out of and dont believe everything you read in Consumer Reports...I get 27 to 28 mpg on the highway. You drive it like a moron and you'll pay for it at the pump just like any other vehicle. And no, the Chrysler 300 is not a better or roomier vehicle. My car is much quieter, roomier, easier ingress and egress and MUCH better visibility.

Pretty good so far
By Martin on 11/06/07 09:51 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Grand Marquis and I have owned it for 14 months. I primary use it for work and recreational driving on the weekends. I have put on 31,000 miles and it's been pretty reliable so far. I get about 21-22mpg doing both city and highway driving. I think it handles pretty well for such a big car. The traction control came in handy in the snow.

This is a Sedan
By mongo on 10/14/07 20:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this model for 15 months and it is still in the "teething" stage because of the low miles. So far, there have not been any major problems with this unit and rather enjoy the road-boat. I can zip-zip thru traffic, room permitting, as if I were in a coupe and not a full-sized sedan. The style is quite nice but rather chintzy on the inside and outside trim. The trunk space is partially taken up by a full-sized spare and think a smaller spare would be adequate. The gas mpg is rather low but will wait for the engine other components to "seat-in" and then see what the mpg will be with more miles on this car.

Fun to drive
By marquislover on 08/09/07 07:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Even though the Marquis is viewed as an old-school car, it is fun to drive. Handles well around corners, stops on a dime (for a big car!) And give you a sense of safety. Currently getting 23- 25mpg, and room enough for 5-6 people. Ok 4 heavy ones! I am so pleased. Does Detroit think that size doesn’t matter? Big cars rule! Look at the number of SUVs on the road. I want a car and the marquis is the only one that fits the bill! Thanks Mercury-never touch it!

Love our Mercury Grand Marquis
By Nancy Newell on 04/10/06 09:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bring back the crome strip on the dashoard. It made the inside richer looking. Need more interier colors to pick from in regards to carpeting and cloth seats.