2005 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Tried and True... Still The

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Review

GS Convenience Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Tried and True... Still The Best!
By Joel Nazaretian on

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am only 35 years old, and grew up in a household that always had a Lincoln. My father was a Master Mechanic who always stated Fords were build the best, so I may be a bit biased. However, I buy a vehicle based on styling and ride quality. Years of reading all the reports that state front wheel drive and imports are best, I still prefer a domestic, body on frame, rear wheel drive configuration over anything. The ride is SUPERIOR, and CANNOT be duplicated in a unitized body, front wheel drive car, PERIOD! So everyone can laugh all they want at my Grandpa Car, or Police Car, including the yuppies passing me in their Bimmers who think they drive a far superior and advanced car.

Favorite Features

Full Split Bench Seat Rear Wheel Drive Body on Frame Construction Performance Gas Mileage for large size Clean, Simple Styling V8 Engine Trunk Size Sound System Superior Ride Quality and Handling

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be more supportive w/rear head rests Dash Board needs restyling More sound deadening materials in trunk, especially at back seat area Dual Exhaust standard on all models Although the styling is clean and uncluttered, it could use some updating. The 2006 model will be restyled.