Love my Mercury
By Love my Mercury on
2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
This car is hands down the best value for the money on the road. With the rebates and incentives, you can have full size American comfort at a Honda Civic price. The Marquis is powerful, handles and brakes well, and at only 1400 miles, is already getting 22 mpg in combined city and highway driving. The power pedals are a great feature, as is the power lumbar support. I really like the variable assist steering- one finger easy in town, and lots of road feel at highway speeds. The traditional body-on-frame construction seems very solid. I feel safe in this car, which is something I never felt in smaller front-drive cars. I'm a Realtor, and my clients often mistake this car for a Lincoln.
Favorite Features
Comfortable ride. Luxurious seats. Great standard stereo. Auto-locking doors. Auto headlights. Cornering lamps. Traction control. Great paint job (black). Huge trunk. A whole lotta car for the price.
Suggested Improvements
Plastic hubcaps on a $26,000 list price car?? C'mon Mercury- now I gotta shop for chrome wheels....Need more front storage for CD's, phone stuff, and all the rest of the junk that gets tossed in the glove box. Need a full-size spare tire standard. Drivers side left footrest would be nice.