2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Great Car
By Dwight on 05/22/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car new, enjoyed it very much. Has 60,000 miles, 23 average mpg, better on trips. I think it's a quiet car overall, the only thing I don't like is a start up engine knock but its been doing that all the time and I lost a center hub cap. The car runs great, plenty of power for me, good ride.

Reliable if not exciting
By Keith on 02/26/10 09:29 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have had eight Grand Marquis since the mid-eighties. I can honestly say that they have served us well with most of them getting 120000 before trading. Our current 2005 has 140000 with minimal problems, electrical control module and catylic converter. We get 22 mpg on two lane roads and up to 27 on long trips.This is not a flashy car but it is comfortable and reliable.

Probably good for another 200,000 miles
By Chris on 01/31/10 23:10 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What more could I ask for? I don't want all the techno crap and I don't want to bump my elbow every other minute, which I seem to do in smaller cars. Granted, the cupholder is only just usable and the car could use a bit more storage in the front seat area. But you know what-I like every other aspect of this car just fine. I like its heft without being too hefty and I like how it moves. The rack and pinion steering is precise and the air suspension is great without totally isolating you from road feel. Leather, air ride, quality construction and a good stereo. For what I paid for a virtually new car with only 22K miles, I could never get a better deal.

poor electronics and a/c motors
By j kelner on 01/08/10 16:54 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

the electrical are falling apart the A/C blendoor motor uses rubber and plastic parts it is placed in a difficult area to reach..cost to replace $ 700 this is a problem with over 10000 mercury's and who knows how many other ford mercury lincoln and they cannot supply the parts ford has a faulty motor and they just don't respond

G-Man loves his Grand Marquis
By Mercury Man on 11/19/09 23:24 PM (PST)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my 40th birthday. It had 76,000 miles on the odometer. And the car was in PERFECT condition. As a Dad with 3 kids in the house, safety is number one. I paid $6,500 FOR THE CAR AND HAVE CONSIDERED THIS CAR THE BEST i HAVE EVER OWNED. It isn't the prettiest. But, I KNOW I could put 200,000 miles on this car. I just put a new set of Goodyear Eagle GT's on this car and it handles great. And for the harshe winters here in southern Michiagan, the car is exceptional.

Easy front seat access
By Ron on 02/28/09 00:03 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The front passenger seat is easy to enter and exit. This is the main thing I was looking for, since my wife has a physical handicap. The front doors are high and wide, and hip and head room are excellent. The front bench seat, without a console, is a plus, for the extra legroom. The leather power seats help getting in and out. I had considered a van for front seat access, but this car's front seat dimensions were almost as good.

Big and beautiful
By PWILLIAMS on 08/13/08 05:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love comfort and trunk space. Antenna should be in windshield. No space to store "stuff", cell phone, cds, etc. Lousy, lousy interior noise-at interstate speeds the noise is very annoying. Great mileage considering size of car. No problems to report other than lousy interior noise. Two Ford dealers have been given opportunity to correct noise problem--both have failed, in fact, I dont think they knew how to fix problem. Will not consider buying another Mercury or Ford product until noise levels have drasticall been improved. One dealer told me the Michelin tires could be the culprit. Pay $700 to $800 for new tires and problem could be resolved. Should have bought Honda or Toyota

Full size luxury, handling, performance.
By Don on 06/06/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Grand Marquis LSE, more rare than originally thought. Ever see a grandpa car with buckets, floor shift, dual exhaust, front & rear stabilizer bars, six shocks, 3:27 selectable positraction or standard rear wheel drive, power assit rack & pinion steering, 4 wheel ABS with power assist disc brakes, 25mpg that looks good, fun to drive, 5 star crash safety ratings, leather, power, cheap full coverage insurance and will seat five adults and room for luggage galore in the trunk. This vehicle was bought new, now has over 50,000 miles on it and I've had great reliability from it. No regrets, only wish Mercury would bring them back again.

Oldie, but Goodie
By Jay on 12/31/07 07:33 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a 26 year old male and I prefer the "old Fashion" rear-wheel-drive and body-on-frame construction. The car feels solid, powerful, and comfortable. RWD with traction control does well on slick roads during Buffalo, NY winters. I plan on keeping this car for atleast 5 years or more. My only fear is that they will stop making them.

Best Value Around!
By Jay657 on 11/11/07 05:18 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am 26 yrs old and I love this car! It's black with black with black heated leather, moonroof, digital dash, rear air shocks. I had a 99 DeVille which was a horrible disappointment. I love the RWD v.s the clumsy FWD DeVille. It handles awesome for a big car. Has enough power, but could use a dual exhaust for a little more. I put dark tinted headlight and corner lenses from the 03-04 Marauder on the Marquis and they look great with the chrome grille. I get compliments where ever I go. These big RWD sedans are getting hard to find, so I am taking extra good care of this one and plan to keep it for a good 5 to 7 years.

1 2 3 4 5 next »