2005 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Great Car
By Dwight on 05/22/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car new, enjoyed it very much. Has 60,000 miles, 23 average mpg, better on trips. I think it's a quiet car overall, the only thing I don't like is a start up engine knock but its been doing that all the time and I lost a center hub cap. The car runs great, plenty of power for me, good ride.

Reliable if not exciting
By Keith on 02/26/10 09:29 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have had eight Grand Marquis since the mid-eighties. I can honestly say that they have served us well with most of them getting 120000 before trading. Our current 2005 has 140000 with minimal problems, electrical control module and catylic converter. We get 22 mpg on two lane roads and up to 27 on long trips.This is not a flashy car but it is comfortable and reliable.

Not Your Grandpa's Car!
By Wing Commander on 12/14/05 09:55 AM (PST)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After putting over 17,000 miles on the odometer in less than six months, I can honestly say that our Mercury Grand Marquis has performed flawlessly. The fuel consumption is excellent for an automobile of this magnitude and has been checked against a GPS for accuracy at extended speeds of 55 to 100 mph.The fact that it is rear wheel drive and fairly evenly balanced attributes to it's beautiful handling characteristics. Probably one of the reasons that most highway patrol cars are of the same vintage. Anything less shouldn't even be considered when buying a new car if you keep safety, comfort, and dollar value in mind.

Mostly Satisfied Owner
By kurt gaus on 10/10/05 03:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A nice large, comfortable, well styled sedan without a lot of high tech junk added on to confuse you while driving. It feels solid, secure, stable, and is a pleasure to drive on longer trips. Easy entry and egress for those with medical problems. Trunk is huge and deep, but the liftover height is too high. The spare tire is far back and hard to reach. Mileage is much better than I expected for this size and weight vehicle. Car starts and runs flawlessly in all kinds of weather. I also test drove a Lincoln Town Car and could not discern any difference, except in the substantially higher price fot the Town Car. See "Suggested Improvements" section for minor complaints and suggestions.

Love my Mercury
By Love my Mercury on 06/19/05 22:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is hands down the best value for the money on the road. With the rebates and incentives, you can have full size American comfort at a Honda Civic price. The Marquis is powerful, handles and brakes well, and at only 1400 miles, is already getting 22 mpg in combined city and highway driving. The power pedals are a great feature, as is the power lumbar support. I really like the variable assist steering- one finger easy in town, and lots of road feel at highway speeds. The traditional body-on-frame construction seems very solid. I feel safe in this car, which is something I never felt in smaller front-drive cars. I'm a Realtor, and my clients often mistake this car for a Lincoln.

I love comfort
By barbtex on 05/28/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Always drove Crown vics, but bought a merc because moneywise it was a better value. Love the ride, Ease of driving, fuel mileage is good for big car. I like the rear wheel handling, was never happy with front wheel drive.

Tried and True... Still The Best!
By Joel Nazaretian on 04/06/05 23:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am only 35 years old, and grew up in a household that always had a Lincoln. My father was a Master Mechanic who always stated Fords were build the best, so I may be a bit biased. However, I buy a vehicle based on styling and ride quality. Years of reading all the reports that state front wheel drive and imports are best, I still prefer a domestic, body on frame, rear wheel drive configuration over anything. The ride is SUPERIOR, and CANNOT be duplicated in a unitized body, front wheel drive car, PERIOD! So everyone can laugh all they want at my Grandpa Car, or Police Car, including the yuppies passing me in their Bimmers who think they drive a far superior and advanced car.