Used 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

!Highway Trip Car!
By Fordy

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it to make highway trips, and that is what it excels at. I would not buy this for cruising around town. This car is built to do speed, and to have a sure foot on the highway, and it does with the right tires, not Michelin. It has aggressive gearing I like to get acceleration, and to be able to do 140 MPH. The ride is great and quiet on the highway, not the best, but up there. This is best bought as a Used vehicle since you get the best deal for the value. I only recommend the Ultimate edition, because this car is not worth the money without all the goodies. Plenty of room width-wise, no bumping elbows. Big trunk for all you luggage.

Favorite features are - heated seats, wood grain, handling package (helps a lot) and the auto-heater-air conditioner. The best feature is it looks like a cop car, and people get out of the way for you; thus, making better time.

The whole thing, it is out-of-date, and don't just kill it because that would be the end of sedans of this kind.

Above avrage
By Sherwood I. Franson

A good Car for the Price. Should have changed the looks more often Full Frame

Full Safety Frame. V=8 Engine

Better Quality. Tighter Requirements. Increased Safety available helps.

The Brown Bomber
By highman001

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Smooth ride and tons of trunk space. Leather interior and good sound system makes this fun to drive. On a cold day it has seat warmers and heats quickly. A/C blows cold and I love the color of Arizona Beige even though I nicknamed it the "Brown Bomber" good pickup and speed

cd player/compass/interior styling

pockets in the front of the seats a bit more up front storage for cds and odds and ends etc

Owner
By Howard Mattison

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Grand Marque starting with a 1984. I have always enjoyed driving them and have never had any serious trouble. For a large car the gas mileage is very good. Gets 21 in town and 28 on the highway. Good dealer to deal with and good service at dealer.

Has a good list of standard features. I like climate control air conditioning, comfortable leather seats and traction control. It has ample standard horsepower that gets you where you want to go in quick time. It's called a "poor man's Lincoln" but it has all the same feature at less money.

They seem to be cheapening the later models such as external radio antennas and single sun visors which limit sun glare. Hope they are not contemplating discontinuing the model

best car I have ever had
By Roberta

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2003 model but I don't beleive it was a good as the 2004 I own now. The 2003 burnt up bearings in the rear wheel. Except for the bearing I have no complints about Grand Marquis. the 2003 had 50,000 miles on it when the bearings went bad. My 2004 has not given us any problems. it is very dependable. The gas mileage is great 25 to 28 miles a gal.

size and comfort first, trunk size next and it is well made.

higher mileage I cannot think of any other improvements needed. I love it.