2004 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
!Highway Trip Car!
By Fordy on 03/20/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it to make highway trips, and that is what it excels at. I would not buy this for cruising around town. This car is built to do speed, and to have a sure foot on the highway, and it does with the right tires, not Michelin. It has aggressive gearing I like to get acceleration, and to be able to do 140 MPH. The ride is great and quiet on the highway, not the best, but up there. This is best bought as a Used vehicle since you get the best deal for the value. I only recommend the Ultimate edition, because this car is not worth the money without all the goodies. Plenty of room width-wise, no bumping elbows. Big trunk for all you luggage.

Above avrage
By Sherwood I. Franson on 12/30/06 11:17 AM (PST)

A good Car for the Price. Should have changed the looks more often Full Frame

The Brown Bomber
By highman001 on 11/07/06 16:06 PM (PST)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Smooth ride and tons of trunk space. Leather interior and good sound system makes this fun to drive. On a cold day it has seat warmers and heats quickly. A/C blows cold and I love the color of Arizona Beige even though I nicknamed it the "Brown Bomber" good pickup and speed

Owner
By Howard Mattison on 05/19/06 14:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Grand Marque starting with a 1984. I have always enjoyed driving them and have never had any serious trouble. For a large car the gas mileage is very good. Gets 21 in town and 28 on the highway. Good dealer to deal with and good service at dealer.

best car I have ever had
By Roberta on 03/30/06 11:32 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2003 model but I don't beleive it was a good as the 2004 I own now. The 2003 burnt up bearings in the rear wheel. Except for the bearing I have no complints about Grand Marquis. the 2003 had 50,000 miles on it when the bearings went bad. My 2004 has not given us any problems. it is very dependable. The gas mileage is great 25 to 28 miles a gal.

yet another panther!!!
By S D Mowat on 03/23/06 16:49 PM (PST)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car ford makes period as a self professed car guy( I have a car folder collection from 1965 to present day and a reader of all the car books...r/t, motor trend..automobile..ect...the reliability crash protection..yes including the rear end problem that I had fixed...the police use this car for reliability...I tow a boat at times..plus put a k/n air filter I am getting 28-30 highway and20 in the city real life...it has all the features in a full size plus no blind spots sure not as racy as the 300 but I would rather have a product that is job 1!!! Vast leaps in quality from the 85,92,99,and this one Buy one a yr old let someone else pay full retail!!

Does everything well
By Steelerfan on 01/14/06 19:55 PM (PST)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I'm really in my element driving a big, comfortable American-made sedan. I traded a 1995 Buick Roadmaster with more than 200,000 miles on a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS and after 10,000 miles, I find that my LS does everything well. It's big, comfortable, reliable, well-built and a pleasure to drive.

good option
By hector fussa on 08/09/05 08:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

good car for family transportation luxurious and very inexpensive, great car for real estate agents or persons that need to move around with other people on tow

Love it
By Bacardirobb on 07/07/05 21:13 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased a second hand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition. This is my second Marquis. First one was a 1991 and I have noticed that the ride is more stiff on the 04. Same gas mileage as my 96 Cougar and with a larger engine.

the last one of 6
By bernie moon on 06/14/05 00:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ford has continued to cheapen up what used to be a great car. Top of the line LS model with load leveling and electronic-digital dash still suffers from seats with less support than a 95 LS I traded to get it. Wind noise is greater since Ford went to a thinner glass all around in 97. The Load leveling air pump used to be quiet as it was located under the trunk but is in the engine compartment now and it is incredibly noisy.I enjoy the illusion of feeling safer in a large car but I have been taken advantage of by Ford for the last time.Even though side air bags have been available for years,the Grand Marquis whose basic platform hasn't changed in over 12 years, still does'nt have them.