2004 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Tanklike safety; great handling; very reliable
By topvalueguy on 06/03/14 23:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Got this car used in 2012 with only 24,300 miles on it. Had an older Lexus GS300 prior to this. So far I really like the Panther platform. I have replaced one fuel pump; otherwise, no driveability issues. Electronic Climate Control was out, which I fixed myself with an aftermarket part. Cruise control was out, and is still out; just haven't needed it. Factory CD player died, so replaced with a Pioneer unit. Fake chrome trim pieces were damaged so I replaced with store-bought new ones.

Love my car
By artg1954 on 03/26/14 07:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this car its a 2004 and only had 53400 for miles. The car looks and drives like new and should it was a one owner bought in Florida and came here to new England in 2010. I have worked with cars all my life and this is one of the best to own.

Great gas mileage
By mcoll1 on 11/23/13 13:21 PM (PST)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just finished a trip getting as much as 29.9 mpg on a tank of gas. Another tank full got 29.7 mpg. Overall, driving 2600 miles I averaged 27.5 mpg. The vehicle has been very reliable.

True Blue American Icon
By 0rnery on 06/02/13 13:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Full frame, V8 Rear Wheel Drive. The only configuration I'll ever own. Been driving Grand Marquis' and Town Cars for over thirty years, and that will be the same till I die. I work on my own cars and have never purchased new. These cars are rugged, reliable and cheap & easy to fix. That's why police departments, taxi companies and rental agencies chose this platform. Just bought this 2004 Ultimate sixteen months ago with 80K on it, and have not been disappointed. Got a documented 28MPG on a recent 600 mile trip. No doubt it will hold up like all my past FOMOCO cruisers. That means at least 15 more trouble free years in my possession. Batteries, tires and brakes are no "trouble".

Bullet Proof
By Tieden on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Most under appreciated car on the road today. If your looking for a small neo- hippy car or a glitzy peacock vehicle don't look at the merc. but if you need a to hell and back in comfort and reliability you cannot look anywhere else. I do alot of highway driving and at 70 mph+ I average 31-33.5 mpg depending on AC usage. show me any v8 import lux sedan that gets that mpg and then compare price tags and reliability. this platform is something that should never be discontinued its a mark of American quality. I'm 31 and I get asked why I drive an old man car and I respond because old men know quality and don't have time for less.

Best Car and Looks GREAT
By Dedrick Brown on 11/07/09 09:22 AM (PST)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I always love big cars because I like to get more for my money. I want buy a small car because they do not ride like the Grand Marquis. This car is the best car and everywhere I go people give me compliments on this car. It is very fancy also with a vinly top. Lincoln Town Car I really like but why should I pay more for the same car and motor. I'm a car expert and you are getting your money worth when you buy this car. I also on a Mercedes and a Jeep but they donot ride like the Grand Marquis. I believe every family should at least own one of these cars.

Great Car, great price
By jones203 on 10/23/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven this model in the 1980's and liked it then, but love it now. Many great improvements over the years, especially to the suspension system. Very well built car and fun to drive. Purcahsed used with low mileage. Compares favorably to my friend's Lexus!

Year two with the G/M
By jesse on 10/08/09 02:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my very low mileage Grand Marquis almost 2 years ago as a cheap car just to go back and forth to work. I've since realized that this car is not a cheap car. It's very well constructed, Very reliable and gets excellent fuel mileage for it's size. I drive 66 miles to work a day and I'm 6'4" so I needed something comfortable and good on fuel....my truck was very thirsty so I bought this second car. I'm very glad I did now...I love the car and hardly ever drive my new truck anymore as a matter of fact I've only put 2000 miles on my truck in the last year....that's how much I enjoy driving this car.

Buy American
By Ford Person on 04/29/09 05:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is the 5th trouble free Ford product that I have bought. I paid $10,000 less than what a relative paid for a Toyata Camry. Never has been back to the dealer for repairs and the workmanship is great. On long runs with the cruise set and at 75 mph I have gotten 30 mph. The best thing I have to say is but American.

Best American car money can buy
By Zhe Kong on 11/17/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought GS with convenient package when Ford offered $6000 discount in July 2004 for $19,000 brand new including tax etc. Love it ever since. Silk smooth with the torque rich V8 and 4 speed automatic transmission. Rear wheel drive. No fishtailing thanks to modern traction control. Agile on the road thanks to the variable assist power steering. Very safe. Very reliable. Not even a recall. Regular gas. Respectful MPG (22+/-1) daily commutes through out the year with this 4K plus pound of steel. Besides oil change and a new set of tires, the maintenance fee is zero.