2003 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Ultimate Grand Marquis
By Mike Elliott on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is an excellent automobile for the consumer looking for confort at an affordable price. The gas mileage is acceptable as it averages about 20 mpg on regular fuel and around 28 mpg on the highway. It has plenty of power for passing and driving in mountains. I personally prefer the rear wheel drive over frontwheel drive as it handles much better. The rear air suspension really smooths the ride. It is so quiet that the driver hears hardly any wind or road noise. The only thing I would change are the inside door handles. They should be chromed metal and not the hard plastic, after all this is the ultimate Grand Marquis. .

My Third Grand Marquis
By Dannydog on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Grand Marquis,I've had a 1994, a 1999 and now a 2003. I am also a law enforcement officer and have driven the Ford Crown Victoria. They have all proven to be safe, reliable and a comfortable ride. Those cars I used during work took a real beating with going over curbs, hours of idling with the air conditioner or heater runnning and having mileage well into the 100,000's. They always continued to run well and comfortable not to mention the safety factor. (I also was an ambulance technician for over six years.)This is why starting in my early forties I started to buy the Grand Marquis and intend to continue to.

3rd Marquis
By Roverbear on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

after 2 prior Marquis which did not offer service, I really was hesitant to buy this 2003...the updates it afforded allowed me to chance it once again...Gas mileage seems less than the prior 95 which was repurchased by Ford due to many things wrong, and 96 LS with air suspension, that lasted 69000 and blew 2 cylinder heads...2003's rear end whine needs to be explored by the dealer..handling is far superior to prior models and wind noise is still annoying..has only 4000 miles at present.

LSE03 Is So-So
By Ray66 on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Leased this LSE right before Mercury discontinued the option. Prior leased car was a Crown Vic LS. The Crown Vic got better gas mileage, was quieter and rode much smoother. The LSE supposedly has a slightly more powerfull engine but I see little difference. The LSE has more bells and whistles and a more usable interior but I miss the Crown Vic

My 5th GR MARQUIS
By dadof9 on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My only real complaints have to do with the road/air noise on the highways. To the point where the radio/ CD are not enjoyable. Disturbing enough to make me think of another vehicle.

Grand Marquis is SAFE !
By saftey1st on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Grand Marquis has kept my family safe, comfortable, and the reliability for this tried and true vehicle is incredible. A great purchase for those that buy their car with sound logic versus getting on the fad band-SUV-wagon.

BY A PODES
By R PODESTAR on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I TRADED IN MY 1996 GRAND MARQUIS,IT HAD A GREAT RIDE AND VERY QUITE. BIG MISTAKE, MY NEW 2003 GRAND MARQUIS ULTIMATE IS VERY NOISY AND THE RIDE IS VERY BAD,EVERY BUMP AND CRACK IN THE ROAD IS FELT. (JIGGLY). THE GAS MILAGE IS NOT WHAT THEY TOLD ME. LUCKY TO GET 21MPG ON HIGHWAY.NO ROOM IN THE FRONT SEATS TO STORE ANYTHING.VERY DISAPOINTED.

great car
By Bob C on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice car with plenty of room and great ride. Engine slightly noise but with plenty of power, but price to pay with less than desirable mileage.

2003 Grand Marquis
By JD-Iowa on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like the appearance and enhanced steering compared to my 1996 Grand Marquis. Only disappointment is noisey trim chirping on back doors on gravel road when car is cold.

Truth in Advertising (not)
By chet on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Compared with my 1997 grand marquis which was quite economical (25-26 mpg hwy & 18-19 local) My 2003 gets 22.5 hwy and 15 mpg around town. Very disapointed in the 2003 as I was expecting similar economy on the 2003 since the window sticker claims 19-25 mpg just as it did on the 1997.I blame it on the unnecessary increase in horsepower.Truth in advertising!!???