2003 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
A Great Car
By Harlan M on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the electronics on the car, it is equal to a much higher priced car. Auto temp control is great.

Best Car Ever!
By Pat Malarkey on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Who likes going to work? But I love driving to work in my Grand Marquis. This is my third Grand Marquis in 10 years and I am 100% satisfied. The car is fast, comfortable, and runs strong. I set the temperature and the car heats or cools the cabin automatically. I hope my next Grand Marquis is just as good! Rear wheel drive cars are great!

SLOW SERVICE FROM DEALER
By BERNIE on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I TRADED IN A 2001 GRAND MARQUIS ON A 2003. THE FIRST DAY I NOTICED THE TRANSMISSION SURGED IN REVERSE. THE DEALER REBUILD THE TRANSMISSION TWICE & IT WAS STILL BAD. FINALLY THEY PUT IN A NEW FACTORY TRANSMISSION & IT WAS OK. THIS TOOK 37 DAYS SO THE LEMON LAW KICKED IN. NOW I AM WAITING FOR A REPLACEMENT CAR. I LOVE THE CAR BUT THE SERVICE WAS BAD.

Bad plastic in 2003 grand marque
By roberts17 on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this for my wife' 30th anniversary. out of 4 ac vents only 3 worked. Took it to Belk ford in oxford. Part ordered. Took it back next day they replaced part but on way home when I turn engine off the ac control area sound like an old vcr rewinding. Took it back to Belk dealership and they said something about a vacum hose operation. I said I would drive it a few days but intend to return it to be repaired. It made no noise before they worked on it. None of the test drives that I made made that noise.

I LOVE IT!!!!
By Rick Wood on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a Lincoln LS before the GM Ultimate Edition. I absolutely love the ride and handling of the GM. The LS was a little too stiff for me. I have driven the vehicle 3300 miles in less than two months and am still impressed with the way it rides, handles, and provides me with pain free comfort on long trips. A must see! A must buy!

Mercury Grand Marquis
By Barbara Cook on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I really like the feel of the steering in the new Mercury. Much quicker. Also like the adjustable pedals since I am very short.Very pleased overall.

My Mercury
By Roy Creekmur on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like it because it's a real "American Style" car. It has rear wheel drive and a basic suspension design that's been developed and proven for 70 years. It's what I wanted, and built, like, I like a car built (body on frame).

Nice car but ride could be improved
By Edward Briggs on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Air Conditioner worked great. 8 way power seat and back lumbar kept me from getting fatigued on I-95 Plenty of power from 4.6 liter V-8 allowed us to merge safely. Plenty of trunk space for our luggage. Smooth ride on Interstate but a little herky jerky on secondary roads. Plenty of cabin room for us to stretch out 4 speed auto tranny shifted great. I like the outside buttons on the driver's door, in case you lock your keys inside. Spare tire is steel full size rim, and you can use it when you rotate wheels. Remote control from key ring is convienient to lock and unlock trunk lid and doors. Headlights give ample candle power at night driving.

WOW!!
By JR1949 on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I went from an '85 Crown Vickie to this 2003 Grand Marquis LS Convenience. What a difference! The '03 handles like a car 1000 pounds lighter. The non-air suspension offered in this model offers just enough "road-feel" to make it fun to drive. Considering its' size, frontal area & mass, the fuel economy isn't bad!(22 MPG avg-mixed city/hiway, ~26 pure hiway) My heart sunk when I realized I had left the windows open one evening during a moderate rain, yet the leather wiped off perfectly. So far, it's about the BEST car overall, I've ever owned; I consider it a mini- Lincoln! Ford-this one's a keeper!

BAD TRANSMISSION
By BERNIE FOSTER on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I TRADED MY PERFECT 2001 MARQUIS IN ON A 2003 MARQUIS. IN THREE MONTHS THE CAR HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP 3 TIMES FOR A TOTAL OF 35 DAYS FOR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS. IT IS IN THERE NOW & WAITING FOR A NEW TRANSMISSION TO ARIVE FROM THE FACTORY. I HAVE GOTTEN ONLY LIP SERVICE & VERY POOR SERVICE OTHERWISE.