2003 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
2003 GS Grand Marque
By bdemedio on 07/11/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Superb vehicle. A Lincoln Town car for half price. Incredible power. 17 city is an underestimate- I get 20. I get 30 on the highway even with lights (rte 13 in Delmarva). No problems at all to date. Still smells new. 24 bucks a year upkeep and much lower than average insurance. The toyota avalon is JUNK compared to this. Some of them are already rusting. I'll play chicken with any of you avalon drivers anyday- you won't live and I'll walk away without a scratch. Anyone with children owes it to them to have this great machine because of its safety, durability, power, and mileage. Why do you think its the preferred car for cops and cabbies? It's the best car made in the world for the price.

Grand Marquis
By Ruth Williams on 07/06/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Driving experience very good. Passengers always comment on how nice it rides. Gas mileage very good. Curve at top of front doors is dangerous, people have had bad knocks.

Quote on worth of Grand Marquis
By Thomas Zimarino on 05/01/06 16:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is wonderful on trips due to its comfort. It has leather interior which gives it a very plush feeling. We are most appreciative of the large trunk for luggage. City driving however is hard on gas mileage.

Grand Marquis
By ttully on 04/20/06 16:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've been very happy with my Grand Marquis. In fact, it's the first time ever that I purchased the same car twice in a row. I've been driving a Grand Marquis since 1997 now! The ride is excellent. Smooth and great for long trips. Engine is pretty good for a big car. I have the 8 cylinder so of course that helps. Mechanically, nothing has went wrong so far.

great salesman car
By Jim on 03/31/06 09:41 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i feel that this car was built for all sales people. great trunk space and great ride

03 Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition
By hjones4841 on 03/17/06 05:48 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fifth Grand Marquis and won't be my last. Reliability is excellent, with one exception - at just over 36,000 miles the right rear wheel bearing started whining. I found out that this was a problem for 03 Crown Vics and Grand Marquis built prior to Jan 03, which mine was. Both rear axle bearings and the spindles were replaced. The car was out of warranty, but since I was a regular customer of the dealer, I got a pro- rated partial warranty payment. Fuel economy tops out at about 25 highway at cruising speed of 75 or so. Best ever fuel economy was on my 99 Grand Marquis on a cool morining, driving 70 mph - 29 MPG! Seats are comfortable,even with my wife's and my back trouble.

2nd marquis LS limited
By tbones on 02/03/06 23:38 PM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

rented a marquis in 99 in seatlle and fell in love - bought a new 2000 in nov 2001. current is 03man, these vehicles are the best thing on the road - maybe a LTcar might do better??? - i am disabled and carry a scooter lift w/auto air lifts, all told about 300 lbs on a 2 inch tow - both gave me so much comfort and ease of being able to get around n the pleasure of driving - i feel like its power is more then enough - i drive at 70-80 on trips n have hit 90 enroute to las vegas - this car just cruises! its just a smooth - mpg arent the best, but most cars dont carry what i do - even with the lift, scooter, baggage etc, ride is smooth n performance is great - i love my marquis..

best car made in america
By Murph on 01/17/06 02:48 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

great in every category, room, comfort and great road mileage (over 425 miles per tank full) but a bit poor in local driving.

Great Car!
By Steve Whetstine on 12/01/05 02:14 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great car. It's got plenty of power and can peel rubber even when you have a full load of people-which is six. Very comfortable and has great visibility. Just a great "big boat car" from the seventies.

underappreciated car
By Thorn11acr on 11/14/05 22:33 PM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first "panther platform" car. I'm 60 and have had hundreds of car and pickups. This is by far the most bang for the buck. I switched to Mobile 1 synthetic oil in 5-30w, added dual exhausts with an "X" pipe in the stock placement. Would you believe 28 mpg with the A/C on. I would imagine I can hit 30+ on the highway on cruise at 70mph. A simply great car, it rivals my Mercedes in comfort and handling....and replacement parts are dirt cheap. Even the Russians use this vehicle as their police cars. Rear wheel drive, proven drive train, and for 2003 you get a lot of improvements...Simple, strong, reliable.