Used 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Gorgeous Car
By David

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Marquis in September, I have absolutely no regrets about it. The car is beautiful, it looks better than most town cars. Mine is silver with a black cloth roof, and decked out with chrome. I have never been in a more comfortable car, its very quiet and it rides wonderfully with that air suspension. It's a shame that its viewed as an "old person's car," because I am 20 years old,and love the car. It is extremely easy to handle, park, and drive; people who complain about bad parking or bad handling need to go back to driving school. One last thing, it is excellent in the snow, I live up on hills and let me tell you,snow tires and posi traction rear is great!

Solid, comfortable, quiet ride. Tons of room both interior and trunk, classy looking, MPG is 18 and 27 for me. Great in the snow.

Heated seats standard maybe? That's it though. 250 horsepower would have been even better, but that's ok.

Honest real world opinion
By Thom

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My driving and ownership experience. Hmm. Well all said and done, second too none. The MGM is by far the best car I have ever owned, inside and out. I've given this car the highest ratings all around including fuel economy. I find though my research most larger cars as well as mini-vans or other family sized vehicles average around 20-25 mpg. I average about 25 mpg (26.7) to be precise with my Grand Marquis. Now factor the size and weight and power of the car and compare that on a scale to ANY small car or large car. You will find the MGM is the green or most fuel efficient car on the road. Outside of fuel economy, I rate the reliability five stars. MGM has a proven record and still holds it.

Roomy, Comfy, simple, great handling and for some reason it is a chick magnet. (A benefit I found out after buying the car)

Well there is only one thing I can think of and this is probably more my age talking (28 yrs), I'd really like to see one standard shift.

Oldie but a goodie!!!!
By Brian

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

134,000 miles and counting! I have not lost a drop of oil or have a spot of rust! And they said American cars are no good. Ha! I average 23 mpg 80/20 highway/city. Still as smooth as the day I bought it and by the way for those who are curious about repair costs...it literally is the cheapest parts of any car made in the last 10 yrs. So its a low cost commuter too. The wheels will have to fall off before I let it go!

Ride quality, cop car look, low cost of ownership. Crash results make it very safe.

Winter driving is poor even with snow tires unfortunately...have to have a truck for the winter.

Still Outstanding!
By Uncle Philly

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is still one outstanding vehicle. I have owned a Buick, Chevrolet, Dodge, and several Pontiac's, and none of them compare to this vehicle. I have had zero problems with my Mercury. I could never say that with the other makes that I have owned. This car seats six in comfort, very smooth ride, huge trunk, excellent acceleration, very low maintenance, and gas mileage at 20 mpg city, and 26 mpg hwy. If you have a heavy foot you will be closer to 18 city/24 Hwy. They call this a Grandpa mobile....Ha! Why ride in a cramped, horrible riding, dinky mobile, when you can ride in comfort at a low price? Grandpa's is so much smarter than you think, because he had this right!

Six passenger, smooth riding, unbelievable acceleration, huge trunk, great gas mileage, and very low maintenance!!!

Keep the Grand Marquis line alive! The People still want a large car without driving a mini van or SUV.

The last great American sedan
By JimBeam

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Grand Marquis isn't a perfect car, but it's close. Driving is effortless. The base V8 provides more than enough power to get you into trouble. The car gently glides over bumps and potholes instead of jarring the passengers like most cars. Handling is surprisingly sharp for such a large car. It has enough room to seat five adults comfortably and an extra seat belt if you have to take six. I have the LS Limited, which is almost as nice as a Town Car for a lot less. Because Ford rarely changes them and the old cop Crown Vics flood the used market, there are plenty of deals available. These cars last forever, so even a used one will probably last longer that most new cars.

Huge leather seats, V8 power, surprisingly good handling. Built like a tank. Simple to maintain.

Bring back the Colony Park wagon. Bring back the Marauder - and put a supercharger on it this time. Better cupholders. Tachometer (fixed in later models) A more modern sound system. (not fixed in later models) Dual exhaust should be standard.

• SUV