Used 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

what else would i want?
By abi1984

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i bough the car with 115,000 miles and now it has close to 200,000.. what can i say its my fifth grand marquis,, i love these cars .. never been left on the road.. i would recomended to anyone.. one weak spot r the windows with aint a big deal.. and these new models give trouble with the automatic climate control.. its the most expensibe thing i ever replace on the car.. but other than that what else u want from a car.. wouldnt never change for a cadillac..

i love the air suspension, the controls in the steering wheel and the mubable pedals..

they could had come out with a better system for the windows..

Hard to be Objective
By Waggly Toast

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It's hard to be objective when the car is perfect. We've had it for a year and we've never had a single problem with the vehicle. We purchased it from my Grandmother and she never had a single issue either. We towed a 3K lb. trailer from AL to UT and it handled the trip with ease. No problems whatsoever. Gas mileage for the trip was around 15 mpg. I was amazed. The car rides smooth and is very quiet. Three car seats fit in the back with plenty of room and we can seat three adults up front. We have enjoyed owning such a reliable vehicle. We put about 15K miles/year on the vehicle. We would recommend it to everyone.

Leather, place for 2 pair of sunglasses, cupholder holds HUGE cups, easy to handle, car can tow a lot of weight without any difficulty, quiet, smooth ride, has great pick-up and amazing horsepower, MASSIVE trunk

Trying to listen to AM stations is impossible. I cannot listen to Rush Limbaugh while I'm in the car unless he's on an FM station.

I may have bought my last Mercury
By Richard

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the big body on frame, V8 RWD Mercurys. I believe they are going to drop the Grand Marque. They are down to one model, with few options. You just can't get all the options offered an there other models. If you could I may be in the market for one. I love my Marauder and don't plan on getting rid of it I would like a second car like the Grand Marque. I guess I will have to go for something else. So where do I go? Cadillac, BMW (overpriced).

Love These Cars!
By ActionTaxi

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Someone in these reviews made a very good point. He said that cabbies and cops use these cars. I own a taxi cab business. Mercury Grand Marquis are simply reliable, fun to drive, powerful vehicles.

Comfort, space for passengers and luggage, power and just a darn good looking car to look at. The radio/CD player controls on the steering wheel are a very safe addition.

A longer lasting turn signal/ hazard light switch assembly.

Gorgeous Car
By David

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Marquis in September, I have absolutely no regrets about it. The car is beautiful, it looks better than most town cars. Mine is silver with a black cloth roof, and decked out with chrome. I have never been in a more comfortable car, its very quiet and it rides wonderfully with that air suspension. It's a shame that its viewed as an "old person's car," because I am 20 years old,and love the car. It is extremely easy to handle, park, and drive; people who complain about bad parking or bad handling need to go back to driving school. One last thing, it is excellent in the snow, I live up on hills and let me tell you,snow tires and posi traction rear is great!

Solid, comfortable, quiet ride. Tons of room both interior and trunk, classy looking, MPG is 18 and 27 for me. Great in the snow.

Heated seats standard maybe? That's it though. 250 horsepower would have been even better, but that's ok.