2003 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Oldie but a goodie!!!!
By Brian on 01/06/10 22:28 PM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

134,000 miles and counting! I have not lost a drop of oil or have a spot of rust! And they said American cars are no good. Ha! I average 23 mpg 80/20 highway/city. Still as smooth as the day I bought it and by the way for those who are curious about repair costs...it literally is the cheapest parts of any car made in the last 10 yrs. So its a low cost commuter too. The wheels will have to fall off before I let it go!

Still Outstanding!
By Uncle Philly on 08/08/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is still one outstanding vehicle. I have owned a Buick, Chevrolet, Dodge, and several Pontiac's, and none of them compare to this vehicle. I have had zero problems with my Mercury. I could never say that with the other makes that I have owned. This car seats six in comfort, very smooth ride, huge trunk, excellent acceleration, very low maintenance, and gas mileage at 20 mpg city, and 26 mpg hwy. If you have a heavy foot you will be closer to 18 city/24 Hwy. They call this a Grandpa mobile....Ha! Why ride in a cramped, horrible riding, dinky mobile, when you can ride in comfort at a low price? Grandpa's is so much smarter than you think, because he had this right!

The last great American sedan
By JimBeam on 01/05/09 07:48 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Grand Marquis isn't a perfect car, but it's close. Driving is effortless. The base V8 provides more than enough power to get you into trouble. The car gently glides over bumps and potholes instead of jarring the passengers like most cars. Handling is surprisingly sharp for such a large car. It has enough room to seat five adults comfortably and an extra seat belt if you have to take six. I have the LS Limited, which is almost as nice as a Town Car for a lot less. Because Ford rarely changes them and the old cop Crown Vics flood the used market, there are plenty of deals available. These cars last forever, so even a used one will probably last longer that most new cars.

Cruising in style!
By BriGuy on 10/26/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What a wonderful car. Great power. Smooth ride. Consistently getting 23- 25 mpg in a V8! 103K now and idles like new. One repair in all that time, big one though: transmission. Manufacturer defect once repaired shifted better than ever. This is my most recommended car I have ever owned or reviewed by far!

Classic luxury with sport performance
By JSheehan on 05/20/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my Merc for a couple of months now it is my second Grand Marquis. I've got the state trooper package so it handles amazingly (the air ride which is standard isn't bad either) The 4.6 puts out close to 300 for hp and torque (modest estimate) at it's power band it's probably well over that. You can red line it forever without over heating it. Super easy to install a super charger and HP chip which put's it over 500 HP and torque. Very nice interior/exterior. Avg 25MPG stock I get an AVG of 32 with the supercharger in it. Handling is comparable to large Lexus and Mercedes.

Best Bang for Your Buck
By yv on 03/27/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned this car for 3yrs bought it used with 39K has 75k miles now and it has just been super! No mechanical problems at all. Rides excellent handles excellent. Had it recently in snow and ice with no problems. I'm looking to purchase a newer Grand Marquis within the next year. Gas mileage is 27hwy and 19 city. City could be better but compared to the size and room its a bargain. SUV with same seating area get much less. I love the RWD it is so stable no hydro plaining on rainy roads. I hope Ford Motor doesn't quit making this excellent car!

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Limited
By Matt on 03/13/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Beautiful car, comfortable, powerful, reliable. This is my second Grand Marquis ('94). The best used vehicle you can buy period. Good choice for a new vehicle too, but they depreciate fast. Bought it with 30,000 now at 72,000. Only problem: A/C only blows out of defrost.

Good, but not great.
By Brian on 05/28/07 03:13 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a brand new black '03 Crown Victoria based on reviews by Edmunds, Consumer Reports and J D Power. About everything they reported has panned out as accurate. The front bucket seats are extremely comfortable, great for long trips. The rear bench seats lack lateral support. Steering response and tracking are vague which requires more minute corrections to stay on course than in other vehicles I've driven. The interior is quiet. The gray monochrome leather contrasts nicely with the black paint scheme and the car does not heat-up as much as you would expect in our hot Southern summers. The car will cruise at highway speeds (75-95 mph) with aplomb. Hope to drive her 7-10 years.

Best car I ever owned!
By D.S. on 10/30/06 10:03 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I ever owned. Went from a '90 Towncar to this. Great ride, handles like a sports car. Will pass anything with ease. Mileage is 23 mpg. The LX with all the bells and whistles would be nice too. One down side is it is smaller inside than a TC but everything short of a van is. If you are looking at one to buy I would jump at it. Great safety, dual air bags. Handles like a sport car, rides like a luxo coupe. Good mileage, lots of space. Looks fantastic. If you want a more sporty ride get the Marauder. But I can not fault this car. Just did a trip with it and the cruise stays within 3 mph of where you set it going up and down hills.

merc. 2003
By herman on 07/28/06 08:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great on the highway. Gas mileage is just OK. Mercury gets about 22 MPG around town and 26 on the highway. Only had one major problem with car. Air flow senser went bad just out of the guarantee. Autoway was great with getting in touch with Ford/Mercury in getting most of the repair bill paid for me. I wonder how the car would run with a large six? Would it get better mpg? Buicks all have 6 cyl. engines.