Used 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

I CANT LET MY BABY GO
By KELL BELL

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my 2003 Grand Marquis I bought is at 99,000 (12/2012) and now it’s at 216,000 (9/2015). This car goes form FLINT, MI TO PONTIAC, MI 5 days a week (410 miles just driving to work ) and I party on the weekend driving from PONTIAC MI to DETROIT MI 3X A MONTHS (180 miles of partying the big city ).
I have had to replace my axle seals twice once in 2012 and then in 2015. I had to replace my intake gasket in 2014. I got my first tune up 2015 and the shop said I still didn’t need to tune it up but i just did it because it’s beens over 100,000 since I bought the car. This car is a beast I have had a total of 11 cars in my life but this car is the best. I’m going to drive my car until 2016 then buy another car but I’m keeping my 2003 Grand Marquis. I CANT LET MY BABY GO

Requiem For the Last True American Car
By ftupka

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Grand is the Mercury Grand Marquis' middle name; this car is apologetically the last true American car on the road. While other vehicles rely on technology and styling that fades, the Marquis uses its heft and V8 engine to isolate you from the rest of the world. The quiet and smooth engine in my car has been trouble free even after 12 years. The transmission makes the most of the 224hp with the aid of Mercury's Precisontrac limited slip rear axle. Combine this with the last full frame in a sedan and the soft leather bench seats and you have a car that can easily carry five people (six when necessary) anywhere in solid comfort. Don't waste your time reading "enthusiast" reviews, just buy it!

The best features of the MGM are its build quality, comfort, and V8 power. At 71k miles, my Marquis has been very trouble free. The design of this car is salt of the earth basic, so those very rare repairs are easy and inexpensive when necessary. I feel confident taking my car long distances without worry. The comfort of this car is amazing. After a long day at work, I love sinking into the soft leather seat. The ride is so soft and handling so easy that you will forget there is a road under you. The Grand Marquis is a personal reward that coddles you all the way home. This V8 isn't going to win any drag races. It will confidently pull you along the interstate with quiet authority.

Ford needs to get a clue and bring this car back. Car shoppers need to forget the ridiculous reviews enthusiasts magazine write about these cars. Do yourself a favor and take one for a test drive. You'll realize your only mistake has been driving anything else.

GREAT VALUE
By oldmarine5

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new and garaged in Florida.
Driven mostly around town.
Averages 20 MPG.
Bought to carry six people and does so comfortably.
Most dependable car I have ever owned.
Has extra chrome plus gold package and looks like new car.
I also own Infinity M35X, Hyundai Genesis
I particularly enjoy driving the Mercury which elicits smiles from my family.

2 ton of fun!
By drjjjj

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ford F150 engine, drive train and frame with car body! Very reliable, cheap to maintain, upscale in out and 20mpg on regular!

2003+ are the best years-big changes in suspension & steering!

Dirt
cheap to buy used now and they stopped making them in 2011! May have baby boomer demand coming-sleeper used car??

They make driving relaxed and there is no substitute for a V8, long wheelbase and 4000 lbs of quiet ,mass on a long freeway trip!

Reliable, cheap parts/ maintenance, upscale and relaxed! Very wide, solid feel with huge trunk, big overhangs for wrecks and upscale in out! Quiet, smooth and can gets over 25 mpg on the freeway on regular!

Too late-they stopped making them! Find a little old lady (not hard) that owned and drove responsible and pass on the high maintenance Japanese ride everybody thinks they want! This is the way driving was meant to be for most! Saw a 2003 with 62k miles, one older owner with new tires and battery for $5k!

Best american car made
By bigdave40

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i used to own a 2000 merury grand marquis , i bought the car with 304,000 miles
for $1500. i drove
the car for almost 3 years untill my daughter had an accident in it and totalled it with 342,000 miles on it . i felt confident that the car was gonna roll 500,000 miles with ease.it still didnt use any oil or leak it and the transmission shifted like new . so two days ago i traded my junky 2005 dodge magnum sxt for
abeautiful 03 mgm ls, 77,000 miles ,leather beautiful garaged kept 2 owner car. i am so happy to be back in the comfort and dependability of mercury. this car is like new . i love the mercury grand marquis ls ,