2003 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
GREAT VALUE
By oldmarine5 on 05/29/13 14:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new and garaged in Florida. Driven mostly around town. Averages 20 MPG. Bought to carry six people and does so comfortably. Most dependable car I have ever owned. Has extra chrome plus gold package and looks like new car. I also own Infinity M37X, Toyota Sienna and BMW Z4. I particularly enjoy driving the Mercury which elicits smiles from my family.

2 ton of fun!
By drjjjj on 04/23/13 16:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ford F150 engine, drive train and frame with car body! Very reliable, cheap to maintain, upscale in out and 20mpg on regular! 2003+ are the best years-big changes in suspension & steering! Dirt cheap to buy used now and they stopped making them in 2011! May have baby boomer demand coming-sleeper used car?? They make driving relaxed and there is no substitute for a V8, long wheelbase and 4000 lbs of quiet ,mass on a long freeway trip!

Best american car made
By bigdave40 on 01/17/13 09:21 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i used to own a 2000 merury grand marquis , i bought the car with 304,000 miles for $1500. i drove the car for almost 3 years untill my daughter had an accident in it and totalled it with 342,000 miles on it . i felt confident that the car was gonna roll 500,000 miles with ease.it still didnt use any oil or leak it and the transmission shifted like new . so two days ago i traded my junky 2005 dodge magnum sxt for abeautiful 03 mgm ls, 77,000 miles ,leather beautiful garaged kept 2 owner car. i am so happy to be back in the comfort and dependability of mercury. this car is like new . i love the mercury grand marquis ls ,

Safe, Comfortable, and Reliable
By pcastoldi on 04/20/12 06:27 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Grand Marquis and all of the features that it has to offer. Since I purchased this vehicle used, I got an excellent deal on it and with it a decent bundle of features that make this car a real joy to drive around with. I purchased it with over 63,000 miles on it and I now have over 74,000 miles. The seats are very comfortable; the trunk is carnivorous - one of the largest in the North American market; the ride is smooth; and the engine has plenty of power to cruise along the highway or pass any vehicles in your way. Combine this with it's extreme reliability (I have not needed to do anything other than standard maintenance) and you have a winning combination! I love it!

what else would i want?
By abi1984 on 08/10/11 15:07 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i bough the car with 115,000 miles and now it has close to 200,000.. what can i say its my fifth grand marquis,, i love these cars .. never been left on the road.. i would recomended to anyone.. one weak spot r the windows with aint a big deal.. and these new models give trouble with the automatic climate control.. its the most expensibe thing i ever replace on the car.. but other than that what else u want from a car.. wouldnt never change for a cadillac..

Hard to be Objective
By Waggly Toast on 05/15/10 16:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It's hard to be objective when the car is perfect. We've had it for a year and we've never had a single problem with the vehicle. We purchased it from my Grandmother and she never had a single issue either. We towed a 3K lb. trailer from AL to UT and it handled the trip with ease. No problems whatsoever. Gas mileage for the trip was around 15 mpg. I was amazed. The car rides smooth and is very quiet. Three car seats fit in the back with plenty of room and we can seat three adults up front. We have enjoyed owning such a reliable vehicle. We put about 15K miles/year on the vehicle. We would recommend it to everyone.

I may have bought my last Mercury
By Richard on 05/03/10 16:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the big body on frame, V8 RWD Mercurys. I believe they are going to drop the Grand Marque. They are down to one model, with few options. You just can't get all the options offered an there other models. If you could I may be in the market for one. I love my Marauder and don't plan on getting rid of it I would like a second car like the Grand Marque. I guess I will have to go for something else. So where do I go? Cadillac, BMW (overpriced).

Love These Cars!
By ActionTaxi on 04/12/10 19:12 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Someone in these reviews made a very good point. He said that cabbies and cops use these cars. I own a taxi cab business. Mercury Grand Marquis are simply reliable, fun to drive, powerful vehicles.

Gorgeous Car
By David on 03/17/10 16:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Marquis in September, I have absolutely no regrets about it. The car is beautiful, it looks better than most town cars. Mine is silver with a black cloth roof, and decked out with chrome. I have never been in a more comfortable car, its very quiet and it rides wonderfully with that air suspension. It's a shame that its viewed as an "old person's car," because I am 20 years old,and love the car. It is extremely easy to handle, park, and drive; people who complain about bad parking or bad handling need to go back to driving school. One last thing, it is excellent in the snow, I live up on hills and let me tell you,snow tires and posi traction rear is great!

Honest real world opinion
By Thom on 03/05/10 06:44 AM (PST)

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My driving and ownership experience. Hmm. Well all said and done, second too none. The MGM is by far the best car I have ever owned, inside and out. I've given this car the highest ratings all around including fuel economy. I find though my research most larger cars as well as mini-vans or other family sized vehicles average around 20-25 mpg. I average about 25 mpg (26.7) to be precise with my Grand Marquis. Now factor the size and weight and power of the car and compare that on a scale to ANY small car or large car. You will find the MGM is the green or most fuel efficient car on the road. Outside of fuel economy, I rate the reliability five stars. MGM has a proven record and still holds it.