2001 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Love this car!
By labronnasmom on 01/15/13 07:20 AM (PST)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this car with 80,000. on it and now it has over 240,000. We've been to Utah and back to Ok several times and each time we check the mileage. The worst it got was 26 mpg and the best it got was 31 mpg. Each time. I find it hard to believe it only rates 16 in the city. This is a caddy for the poor people. We were going to get another one until they quit making them (that was dumb) So we got a Ford Escape instead. My dad has a 1999 and he loves his too.

Bubbling and Peeling Paint
By Great Dayne on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have purchased Ford products for 44 yrs! From mustangs to Lincoln town cars! I own a 2001 Mercury grand marquis ls and a 2004 Mercury grand marquis gs! The problem is the bubbling and peeling paint on both my Mercury's! The 2001 is peeling in the seams around the back window and roof and have started to rust! The 2004 has the major paint problem! I have the same problem as the 2001 but, much, much worse! The roof paint is literally bubbling off the metal as it is around the back window! The weird thing is that I met a woman at the gas station (that has a 2003 marquis). Her gd marquis is peeling in the same places as mine! Rust is all over this car!

My 2001 Mercury Grand LS
By Julia on 06/09/10 18:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Second Grand Marguis LS I've owned and it's because they drive and ride so easy and have such power. Roomy, comfortable, luxury at it's best. I love it. Someone backed into me in the Arby's parking lot once and I had to have it repaired. The Robert Hutson dealership did a great job. I always had service done at 3,000 miles and have not had any problems.

The best of the best
By Scott on 04/22/10 09:35 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned the Marquis for over three years. Got the car with 54,000 miles and after the three years of beating it down with delivery service for almost 100,000 of my own miles, the car is still running magnificently. My mom had a 96 and put 308,000 miles and it was still running. These cars are reliable

Awesome Bang for the Buck
By MC on 09/08/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome Bang for the Buck! With just over 70,000 it's been nothing but a pleasure cruise.

Reliable
By Chris on 06/22/08 23:23 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 Grand Marquis LS and it is a very reliable car even with over 174,000 miles on it. The only things that kept this thing from starting was a few bad alternators and at about 170,000 miles a bad ignition switch. The gas mileage in this thing is a killer. I get about 15 city and 22 highway, but I don't drive like the car is made for, a grandma. For a V8 this car's horsepower is way less than impressive, most V6's and a lot of l4's nowadays have more power than it. If you want a safe, reliable family car then the Grand Marquis is the way to go. If I were to buy it again I would rebuild it to how Ford should have.

They keep building them
By R.Y. on 06/06/08 14:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

As another person mentioned, this car is a sleeper. The 210hp 4.6L V8 with SOHC provides very good performance while giving surprisely good gas mileage. I get 30 mpg Imperial (Canada) driving at over 60mph or 100kmph. This engine is designed for fuel efficiency while being powerful enough at .75 hp per cubic inch. The car is designed for comfort, which is why I like the arm rests instead of a storage bin. If you want a storage bin, buy an after market product for the transmission hump. Yes, the power windows are slow and you wish they would go faster when you are in a hurry, but that's not a deal breaker. You can still buy a 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Best Used vehicle I've Purchased
By THSKATER on 12/06/07 12:33 PM (PST)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle as a second car to travel back and forth to work ( I have two new Mercury's that I did not want to use for work ) the 2001 Mercury had 10000 miles on it!not even broke-in yet. what a pleasure to drive, I don't even use our other car's. fuel mileage is good, I love the ride, the cabin is very quiet and configuration is great, as for the exterior, in my opinion it is one of the best looking car's in it's class. Reliability played a large part in my decision process, I'm a retired officer from a county in Pa. the fords I drove every day were ( and are ) very reliable vehicles. I just moved up a rung on the ladder of the vehicle that I drove for twenty years.

2001 Grand Marquis LS
By Sarandos on 03/11/07 18:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was our first large sedan. We found it to be luxurious and very comfortable. Mil age was a pleasant surprise at 21 mpg around town and 27 mpg on long runs (8 cross country trips). Generous trunk space is a plus for long, extended trips. We had one traveling mishap; on the first return trip from out West the transmission went out. We stopped at a nearby town where the transmission was replaced in a couple of days. We were loaned a car to get around with and treated well. Upon our return, I submitted bills for hotel and meals which were promptly paid. Over all we found the car to be everything we wanted and a bit more. As a result of our good experience, we purchased a 2006 Grand Marquis

Quality
By Mike on 12/22/06 12:45 PM (PST)

2001 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

For road, long distance driving this cannot be beat. Comfortable, low noise, 22-24 mpg road. Good trunk space

1 2 3 4 5 next »