Great big road car!
By junglej on
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan
I bought my LS used 2 yrs ago at 70k and now have 130k with no repairs whatsoever. I love the gas mileage - I'm getting 24.6 summer and 22.6 winter with about 60%hwy and 40%city driving. Even at our mile-high, there's plenty of power in the small V8 to accelerate up hills. I easily and inexpensively bought a Ford OEM radio/CD player to replace the std cassette player. I found the driver's seat didn't fit me well until after I took out the lumbar support and put more foam in the upper back and seat bottom. I also found that I have to brake with my left foot or the awkward right leg position causes pain. I'm 6'2" and 270lbs.
Favorite Features
Ride and quietness. Huge trunk. Digital dash - I like to pay attention to 2 oddometers and milage. Auto climate control - very subtle airflow - always comfortable in our Colo. climate. Traction control - yet to have anything close to out-of-control on highway in slick winter conditions
Suggested Improvements
Headlamp lenses that don't get foggy over time. More rear-seat legroom. Bumpers that you can touch something with without needing to repaint (isn't that true of everything today).