1999 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Big yacht-mobile

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Review

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

LS Sedan (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Big yacht-mobile
By King Norm on

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 85K miles on it because I wanted size and safety. That is what I got. It has been very reliable so far, except the lighting control module went out. So, my interior lights go on and off all day by itself. I had to take all the light bulbs out of the interior of the car or my battery would run dead. Also, the keyless entry doesn't work. It gets exactly 18 MPG with combined city/hwy driving. That's too bad considering gas is not $2.00+ per gallon. The car is very confortable, but score a "zero" in the fun factor rating. So, if size and safety is important to you, this is a good car for you.

Favorite Features

1) Leather interior, 2) Humongous interior and trunk, 3) Very reliable so far, 4) Smooth on the highway, 5) Able to seat 6 people, and 6) Able to tow small trailer with ease.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more power, needs more road feel, CD player should be standard equipment, moonroof would have been nice, put the stereo in a location closer to the driver, and needs heated seats.