Awesome Mercury Grand Marquis
By David on
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan
I'm a 21 year old and this is my first car I ever bought and let me tell you it's an awesome car. Now I see why cops and taxi cab drivers use them. I've driven these kinds of cars since I was 17 this being the 3rd one I've driven and first one I've bought and owned. I've driven a 95 model and another 99 model that my father owns. This car only has 37,500 miles on it right now. It had 27,450 when I bought it for less then $7 grand. I have the GS model but I have leather seats. It rides and handles really smooth and has good pick up for it's size. It's not no Mustang or race car but it can keep up and has the power when needed.
Favorite Features
4.6L V8 which can always be upgraded with more power, handling, comfort, decent gas mileage (around 18 combined), large trunk, good stock speakers, cruise control, luxury feel, good bang for the buck.
Suggested Improvements
Could always use more power of course but has enough to get around and keep up with people. Makes a click sound which could be fixed hopefully if it hasn't yet. Nothing more I can say that needs improvements I love the design and hope they don't change it too much when they redesign it in 2009.