1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Best Car I've Ever Owned
By bigcarsrule on 07/19/13 18:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

Bought my '99 Marquis with 65K on it. Now has 275K and never left me stranded. It did require a tranny rebuild at 130K ($1800) but it and the engine run perfectly with just regular maintenance and small expected repairs that are dead cheap compared to other cars. Still my daily driver at the 14 year old mark with 23 mpg in half city, half highway miles. I've gotten 29 mpg with cruise set to 65. Don't let the laughably adolescent "official" review deter you from buying. If you want a comfortable, reliable, and economical car with plenty of room for people, groceries, or other stuff, don't miss your chance to get one. (BTW, with Nokian snow tires, these are the boss in winter).

Nice Car!
By tigerman2012 on 04/06/12 17:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Lots of room, smooth ride! My 1999 has only 57000 miles on it but is still a nice drive! Too bad ford got rid of the Mercury brand and the crown vic/marquis. I really like this car! Never had any major problems and hope too keep driving for at least another 57000 miles and why not! Still get compliments on this car and offers to purchase it from me.

best car i ever owned
By mkrawczyk on 11/19/11 20:30 PM (PST)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

bought this car with 70,000 miles it now has 109,000 this is the best car i have ever owned have not had one problem with this car 18mpg city and 24 hwy it is like setting in a lazy boy driving this car.use no oil between changes i will buy another one when this stops running.

Gas Mileage Poor????
By papasmith on 03/17/11 22:15 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I am not sure if others who are complaining of poor gas mileage have a different engine or what in their GM but, in my case, this car gets excellent gas mileage for its size. On road trips, my GM will get 28MPG and a bit more. This is with around 120k. We have not have the car tuned or anything else to enhance gas mileage. This is no hype or exaggeration. Now, I know that it is listed to give 22MPG Hwy as the official number. That might be true when it is new but, once it is broken in, the MPG shoots up. This is a very comfortable and reliable car for the most part. This why they and Crown Vic are popular as taxis and cop cars.

Great Car no problems
By Shane on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

Brought it brand new in 1999. Currently have 150,587 miles. Had the intake manifold replaced and recently a tire rod and now on its 4 set of tires. Otherwise the car has been reliable, comfortable safe ride. A/C works well still cold. My only concern is the stability of the under carriage on rough rods. the vehicle sometimes feels as if it loses contact with the road surface at highway speed. Mileage is appx 250 miles to a tankful highway/city driving.Also the fender above the front tires is rusting. Seems to be a common problem with this car.

wow!
By my merc on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

i have changed the intake fuel pump. but, yesterday i changed the front shocks and the alternator. it was the one the car came with 11 years ago. that's a long time. i recommend the monroe sencra-trac on the front and back. don't buy a alternator from autozone they don't know a damn thing. had to take the alternator back the new 1. had to replace it. but the car rides damn good, has 305 hp, and really good mpg. when it is time to get another car, no doubt MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS! Autozone awful!

Poor gas milage
By kyle on 08/01/10 17:20 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

i have had my mercury for 2 yrs. I've had the fuel pump go out on it twice. For those of you who have to change the pump, change your fuel pressure regulator that caused the pump to over work. it a great highway car. but, the mpg is poor. I'm getting a Buick. i love mercurys. they have poor mpg. the 3.8 n the buick has a intake manifold problem. i've changed it in my merc,

Love the older ones vs the new ones
By kyle2187 on 07/09/10 19:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I have a 1999 grand marquis. I have had it for a year. I have had to change air springs, fuel pump twice, fuel pressure regulator, shocks, tires, ball joints, window motor, and intake manifold its my own dam fault I buy car as is. But, it has more power than most cars. Its fast and rides so good. I'm gonna get a 2002 model. But the Mercury will be the only car I own. I wish I had traction con, abs 2. The 02 has everything I want and need. I hate gmc and all imports. Ford all the way. I'm n process of buying a 2002 marquis. Thanks 2 all y'all out there.

my mercury marquis
By JB Wright on 12/27/09 19:34 PM (PST)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

this vehicle is everthing I expected it to be, my father in law has had 2 and I always felt like I would appreciate the car so when a one owner, always garage kept came available, I bought the car. It has been every thing I thought it would be, extremly comfortable with plenty of room and power. I will definetly buy another one. I have always owned Park Avenues and Buick Electras but I am sold on the Grand Marquis.

Grand Marquis part II
By LandVessel99 on 12/05/09 11:45 AM (PST)

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

After having my 1994 wrecked I found this one in Florida. After many miles the only major thing I had to replace was the intake which spewed antifreeze into the oil & caused it to run rough. Original mufflers lasted 10 years & pipes are original. Great mileage (people always say to me it is a gas guzzler when it gets the same mileage as their V6 foreign cars!) and put performance chip along with K & N filter on myself.