A great car to take to work
By Jon on
1998 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan
I purchased this car to take to work (90 miles a day), to tow with, and to lug family and friends in. Also to stop putting so many miles on my baby, my Mustang. As far as performance, I'm used to the power of my GT, though the power is nothing like my Mustang, it's very powerful for what it is. A full sized sedan. I have only one problem with the car, and that's the interior. Only two cup holders (The car can seat 6 people). Also the front arm wrests should have storage, along with the back arm wrests (If the car had rear arm wrests). Oh, and the car needs a posi so both rear wheels spin. As far as mileage, I get 25-28 hwy, 20-23 city. It burns no oil with 105,000 miles on it.
Favorite Features
The brute size of the car, rear wheel drive v8, auto head lights, full body frame for easy tailor hitch installation, extremely smooth steering, and smooth ride.
Suggested Improvements
Car needs a posi rear end, front/rear center console, cup holders that don't block the gauges, and a 6 speed trans. However, it doesn't matter what I suggest; this car's been discontinued.