1998 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Super Cruiser
By TimRoss on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I work about 90 miles out of town and commute twice or more per week. The driving is mostly freeway / highway and speeds average 75 mph. This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned! I have had Jaguars, Lincolns, Volvo and other foreign makes. I will most likely replace this with another as close as I can find. Good fuel economy too!

loved it so much i bought a new 2003
By setun2 on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

this car has been a jewel. we have driven it for 5 years and it is paid for so i bought my wife a new 2003 in may of 2003.

Bill's Baby
By williamedward on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

This is the most reliable American car I have ever owned and I'am 60 years old. My Grand Marquis is a very quiet comfortible car. Ilove this car and when I buy another car you can be sure it will be another Grand Marquis.

1998 Grand Marquis
By bovic1 on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

This automobile is extremely comfortable and rides like any luxury car. It has never been in the repair shop, everything still works perfectly as it did when it was brand new. Recently, with a solid month of below freezing weather, this car started up a the first try every time. Extremely well built.

The Last of the Tanks
By Jazzer77 on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

This is not your "Grandfathers" Mercury anymore. Rear Wheel drive, V-8 power, this is the last true "American Car." From the ride to the engine, I love everything about my car. It has the comfort of driving a sofa, and I can keep up to a Mustang with ease. You want a great value? This car is for you.

The
By swampfoxx on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car because of price, and although I did not expect it, never thought of myself as a Grand Marquis person, this is an impressive vehicle. Mine is a LS Gold Limited Edition 1998, with special suspension and all the luxury goodies. It averages 25 plus mpg on the highway with automatic a/c on. Fastest cool down in 100 degree weather then automatic temp control. Acceleration makes you think your "are" in a police pursuit vehicle. Although still prefer a smaller vehicle for "fun", you can't beat the Grand Marquis for cross-country travel.

Grand Marquis LS 1998
By cg20_20 on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I wouldn't even consider buying another type car. This is the "poorman's" Towncar, yet it delivers equal comfort and quietness with additional handling capabilities.

Good Old Gal
By Wes on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Yes, the Mercury Grand Marquis is my grandmothers car....except I bought one too. It is a big boat that floats over the highway. If you want near Lincoln luxury at Ford prices...this is your car.