Used 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Awsome car
By jamesl8

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

95 grand marquis ls has got to be the best car ford built i bought the car frome a friend for 500 and it had 219000 miles on it now it has 285000 on it all ive replaced is a water pump 24 bucks and thats it besides add a little oil every now and then cheak engine lite has been on since 240000 but everything still works great ac is very cold heat is hot car rides good the power is great with the intercepter engine the trans is strong no slips no hard shifts no leaks. the car has never failed to start i plan on driving it till it blows then ill haul it to the crusher because its not worth fixing just buy another over all the value of the car is great for 500 dollars u cant go wrong

Favorite Features

leather seats and all power, climite control,16in alunium wheels

Suggested Improvements

window regulators could have be better designed they like to stick alittle

What a great car!
By jbeams

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I would have never bought this car, axcept my Father, said, I am going to pick out your car, since you pick out all lemons as of lately. He pointed out the car lot, and showed me the Mercury Gand Marquis LS, said try the ones you are interested in, then take the one I am pointing out to you. I tried the Ford Explorer, lousy in snow and ice uphill, The chevrolet cavalier, wasnt all that great either, the Grand Marquis not only went through ice and snow, it went all the way up the hill. Wow.

Favorite Features

I Love the 4.6L engine. It is a workhorse of an engine, the interior is deisgned for maximum comfort- while on the road, many a time I have slept in the car, front seat and back seat both. The front seat recline electrically, and my wife and I have both laid the seats down to sleep in the front seat. My daughter has fallen asleep on many an occassion on road trips in the back seat. The dead mans trunk, is ideal for any traveler...spacious and roomy, I have packed my hunting gar and camping gear there, and still had room left over, spent about $600 on groceries, had the trunk packed to the brim, lately, still had more room. The trunk is ideal!

Suggested Improvements

When the waterpump, starts leaking and you are unaware of it, it will take a year for the water pump to be fully noticeable-and when it does go bad, to the worst stage, it really affects everything under the hood..Jeep lovers like all the electronic crap that tells them when something is going bad. Mercury, has a 5 pt system in which we can access with an OBD tool, that Mercurty should included for about $300-so this way, we as owners can have an option of purchasing whether it is new or used! That would be ideal for us mercury owners. My wife cant wait nor my daughter when it is time for me to get another vehicle. As the current GM will go to them. I plan on having this car for a long time.

Loved the car for a while
By getting there

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Marquis used at 12 years old. It was great for about 2 years and then I had a snowball effect. The brakes I was told were built somewhat of plastic so it would cost me 1000 for a complete brake overhaul, then my catalytic converter just up and died a slow death and I was told since the converter had been welded in it would cost me about $1600 at min to cut it out and get replaced. Overall though it's probably one of the most solid cars around. I truly enjoyed driving it!

Favorite Features

Like sitting on your couch going down the freeway..very quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Make it appealing to a younger generation...LOL!

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By drdean

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

266,000 miles throughout America and still going. It is such a great driving, comfortable, great milage car that we bought a second one. Got 31 mpg average on Interstate driving. With american built parts anyone can service it. A new Mazda that tried to demolish it last year by driving into it was totaled. The Marquis? Dinged on the right side, drivable. Highly recommend this car if you have kids or if you don't want to be injured in an accident. This car needs a tune up every 300,000 miles with its titanium engine, platinum plugs and gold wires. Don't think, just buy one!

Favorite Features

Heated outboard mirrors, electric seats, no exterior antenna, lumbar control, auto headlights. 12 Gauge steel body and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

How could you improve on perfection?

Good car but sometimes expensive to fix
By Joe

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 3 years. The problems i have encountered so far: - new brake lines (rotted at 88k) $300 -steering gearbox seal (102k) $90 -pitman arm and idler arm -tie rod and tie rod end (common) -lower balljoint on driver side (VERY COMMON) -muffler hangers ($20) - new headlight lens(peeling) very common -egr valve gives code, can't get valve out, in tight space ($300 to replace at mechanic) The above problems i have encountered was mostly wear and tear and things that DIDN'T go while the car was driving it. I haven't had any problems other than maintanance items that keep the car going. I have enjoyed driving the car and recommend highly!

Favorite Features

headlights, backseat, and steering

Suggested Improvements

egr valve location and problems with balljoints