1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Awsome car
By jamesl8 on 02/19/12 17:20 PM (PST)

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

95 grand marquis ls has got to be the best car ford built i bought the car frome a friend for 500 and it had 219000 miles on it now it has 285000 on it all ive replaced is a water pump 24 bucks and thats it besides add a little oil every now and then cheak engine lite has been on since 240000 but everything still works great ac is very cold heat is hot car rides good the power is great with the intercepter engine the trans is strong no slips no hard shifts no leaks. the car has never failed to start i plan on driving it till it blows then ill haul it to the crusher because its not worth fixing just buy another over all the value of the car is great for 500 dollars u cant go wrong

What a great car!
By jbeams on 02/13/11 13:59 PM (PST)

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I would have never bought this car, axcept my Father, said, I am going to pick out your car, since you pick out all lemons as of lately. He pointed out the car lot, and showed me the Mercury Gand Marquis LS, said try the ones you are interested in, then take the one I am pointing out to you. I tried the Ford Explorer, lousy in snow and ice uphill, The chevrolet cavalier, wasnt all that great either, the Grand Marquis not only went through ice and snow, it went all the way up the hill. Wow.

Loved the car for a while
By getting there on 11/25/09 23:09 PM (PST)

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Marquis used at 12 years old. It was great for about 2 years and then I had a snowball effect. The brakes I was told were built somewhat of plastic so it would cost me 1000 for a complete brake overhaul, then my catalytic converter just up and died a slow death and I was told since the converter had been welded in it would cost me about $1600 at min to cut it out and get replaced. Overall though it's probably one of the most solid cars around. I truly enjoyed driving it!

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By drdean on 05/15/07 22:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

266,000 miles throughout America and still going. It is such a great driving, comfortable, great milage car that we bought a second one. Got 31 mpg average on Interstate driving. With american built parts anyone can service it. A new Mazda that tried to demolish it last year by driving into it was totaled. The Marquis? Dinged on the right side, drivable. Highly recommend this car if you have kids or if you don't want to be injured in an accident. This car needs a tune up every 300,000 miles with its titanium engine, platinum plugs and gold wires. Don't think, just buy one!

Good car but sometimes expensive to fix
By Joe on 09/25/06 05:10 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 3 years. The problems i have encountered so far: - new brake lines (rotted at 88k) $300 -steering gearbox seal (102k) $90 -pitman arm and idler arm -tie rod and tie rod end (common) -lower balljoint on driver side (VERY COMMON) -muffler hangers ($20) - new headlight lens(peeling) very common -egr valve gives code, can't get valve out, in tight space ($300 to replace at mechanic) The above problems i have encountered was mostly wear and tear and things that DIDN'T go while the car was driving it. I haven't had any problems other than maintanance items that keep the car going. I have enjoyed driving the car and recommend highly!

My love of mercurys
By Ron Barnard on 02/19/06 10:02 AM (PST)

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

This is one of two Mercury LS models I have owned loaded models (ls) They are excellent driving cars and far surpass other models newer and the comfort and safety far out weighs the fuel used.and its cost.

Runs like new
By Rick on 12/12/05 17:56 PM (PST)

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I fell in love with my dads '85 Gran Marquis and wanted one ever since. Although I bought my '95 car used a couple years ago with 81,000 miles on it, it runs like a dream. I did have to have the trans rebuilt but it is a small investment to a car that is otherwise mechanically sound. I haven't had a problem with it since. With regular maintenance and oil changes, the car more than serves me well. I love it!!

35 mph
By george on 08/06/05 03:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

at 35-40 mph when i accelerate the engine halts and then goes on. in 2 and 1 there is no halting. I have been told it is the overdrive torque converter in the transmission. Is that all it is?

Best and worst of a V.G. Car
By tio on 07/03/05 17:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Mechanically, best i've had! With regular oil changes and required periodic service, it has never been any problem. Bad is the elcectric window system! Absolute pits!. Changed each regulator at least twice, some 4 times (overall total 11 times!) Automatic door/window control panel went bad when i decided to get rid of the car. One other plus: mileage over 24mpg highway, (when originally bought, over 26)! This, to me was quite remarkable for V8, 5lt engine. Body had polyglycote coating and required no cleaning and stayed good with an occasioal wash. Original mileage was 19300; at sale was 83500 w/original battery installed! &, this was, without a doubt, the quickest starting car ever owned!

still going strong
By tim carnes on 05/30/05 09:46 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

190,000 and have only ever replaced battery and master cylinder. Have gotten as much as 28 MPG on trips. Rear seal leaks now but this is by far the most reliable car I have ever had.