Used 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

The Mighty Mercs
By Jacquelyn Patterson

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

If you are fortunate enough to find one of these grand old dames that has been well-cared for, HOLD ON TO IT. The plush ride, leather seats, roomy cabin and cavernous trunk makes traveling near and far a pleasure. Ours just saved my husband's life when it was rear-ended by a speeding driver. He escaped with a concussion. The other car was smashed completely.

Great for driver on tight budget
By Manuel L.

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car when I entered graduate school as I needed to drive as cheaply as possible. After two years and approximately 20k miles I traded the car in for a much newer car. I had no real problems with the car other than lower ball joints needing replacement. The car did burn a lot of oil which made me add a quart of oil every 1k miles. For less than $2000, this was the perfect choice for me at the time. Gas mileage of course is poor in the city. Would highly recommend to purchase one of those if its inspected by a mechanic. Power train will last forever.

Only one major headache. odo
By ericconroe

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I LOVE my "new to me" 1994 Mercury GM LS. This is my second Mercury, my first was a 1957.
Over the years I have owned over 40 new or used vehicles of every kind, from BMW to Saturn, from car to truck, and this is the best driving of them all.

In my family when a car rides nice and smooth we say " it rides like a Greyhound bus" and
WOW, does this baby.

The only real problem I have had with this car is that the odometer and trip counters stopped working giving me no choice but too change the oil by date alone, wich I would rather not have to only rely.
I do not know the exact milage on mine, but it is not over 51,000 and it runs like a new car.
Only change, the cassete player had to go

You can whisper from the front seat to someone in the back seat going 60 mph and they will hear every word you said.

Odometer

Great car!
By dtogiola

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and I'm glad that I chose this to be my first car. The dealership I bought it from marked the price up higher than it should be. But the car itself is a great car!! Very roomy, comfortable for long or short drives. Great trunk space, a/c and heater works great, rides smooth. And when I go over speed bumps or ditches, I hardly notice them. Had a bit of transmission problem with it, but now that I got that fixed, it runs like a CHAMP!

Trunk space is huge, drives really smooth, and it's very RELIABLE!

The only thing that I don't like about this car is its gas mileage. It always seems after I fill it, 2 days later I need to fill it again. But other than that, I have no problems with it. I love this car and would recommend it to others!

Great Car
By Quality Vehicle

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Car was bought to replace 1986 Olds Delta 88. Best car purchase my family has made. Driving experience, ride, reliability and comfort are superior. Remanufactured engine at 141K, and the odometer has stopped working at 211K (approximately a month ago). his car survived 2 years of high school and 4 years of college between my sister and I, and It has only begun to rust on the LF quarter panel within the last 2 years. Mileage is decent for this size and weight of vehicle, and cost to own/operate is minimal. After this experience, I won't even look at lesser trim lines of these vehicles. Dad bought a 2004 Grand Marquis to replace Ford Econoline van due to experience with this car.

Ride, comfort, handling, cruising speed/comfort, numeric code on driver door can unlock all doors and open trunk.

Headlights are weak at best, that is my only complaint after 117,000+ miles of driving.