Used 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Only one major headache. odo
By ericconroe

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I LOVE my "new to me" 1994 Mercury GM LS. This is my second Mercury, my first was a 1957. Over the years I have owned over 40 new or used vehicles of every kind, from BMW to Saturn, from car to truck, and this is the best driving of them all. In my family when a car rides nice and smooth we say " it rides like a Greyhound bus" and WOW, does this baby. The only real problem I have had with this car is that the odometer and trip counters stopped working giving me no choice but too change the oil by date alone, wich I would rather not have to only rely. I do not know the exact milage on mine, but it is not over 51,000 and it runs like a new car. Only change, the cassete player had to go

You can whisper from the front seat to someone in the back seat going 60 mph and they will hear every word you said.

Odometer

Great car!
By dtogiola

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and I'm glad that I chose this to be my first car. The dealership I bought it from marked the price up higher than it should be. But the car itself is a great car!! Very roomy, comfortable for long or short drives. Great trunk space, a/c and heater works great, rides smooth. And when I go over speed bumps or ditches, I hardly notice them. Had a bit of transmission problem with it, but now that I got that fixed, it runs like a CHAMP!

Trunk space is huge, drives really smooth, and it's very RELIABLE!

The only thing that I don't like about this car is its gas mileage. It always seems after I fill it, 2 days later I need to fill it again. But other than that, I have no problems with it. I love this car and would recommend it to others!

Great Car
By Quality Vehicle

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Car was bought to replace 1986 Olds Delta 88. Best car purchase my family has made. Driving experience, ride, reliability and comfort are superior. Remanufactured engine at 141K, and the odometer has stopped working at 211K (approximately a month ago). his car survived 2 years of high school and 4 years of college between my sister and I, and It has only begun to rust on the LF quarter panel within the last 2 years. Mileage is decent for this size and weight of vehicle, and cost to own/operate is minimal. After this experience, I won't even look at lesser trim lines of these vehicles. Dad bought a 2004 Grand Marquis to replace Ford Econoline van due to experience with this car.

Ride, comfort, handling, cruising speed/comfort, numeric code on driver door can unlock all doors and open trunk.

Headlights are weak at best, that is my only complaint after 117,000+ miles of driving.

Good old car
By Adam

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3.5 years ago at an auction in Florida. I drove this car in outside sales, and collections. I have had excellent service from this vehicle. Most people do not belive it, but I get at 30 miles to the gallon at 80 to 85 MPH on the highway. I had a 1989 Grand Marquis that I bought in 2002 for $700 and drove for 2 years, so this is my second Grand Marquis in the last five years. I have had such good reliability that I will definitly buy another when I wear this one out. I have 250K miles on my 94, and I plan to get another 100K miles out of this car. Great value for the money.

Reliability, and comfort

Electric windows break easily, and door hinges sag easliy.

1994 Grand Marquis Review
By StacyAPR

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Overall a good car. I bought it used and I haven't had many problems with it. I like the power of the V8 engine even though it does drink down a bit of gas. It is a luxury vehicle and it drives like one.

V-8 engine

Body style could be a bit prettier or sportier even though it is a luxury vehicle.