1994 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Only one major headache. odo
By ericconroe on 12/04/12 12:22 PM (PST)

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I LOVE my "new to me" 1994 Mercury GM LS. This is my second Mercury, my first was a 1957. Over the years I have owned over 40 new or used vehicles of every kind, from BMW to Saturn, from car to truck, and this is the best driving of them all. In my family when a car rides nice and smooth we say " it rides like a Greyhound bus" and WOW, does this baby. The only real problem I have had with this car is that the odometer and trip counters stopped working giving me no choice but too change the oil by date alone, wich I would rather not have to only rely. I do not know the exact milage on mine, but it is not over 51,000 and it runs like a new car. Only change, the cassete player had to go

Great car!
By dtogiola on 08/26/10 00:50 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

This is my first car and I'm glad that I chose this to be my first car. The dealership I bought it from marked the price up higher than it should be. But the car itself is a great car!! Very roomy, comfortable for long or short drives. Great trunk space, a/c and heater works great, rides smooth. And when I go over speed bumps or ditches, I hardly notice them. Had a bit of transmission problem with it, but now that I got that fixed, it runs like a CHAMP!

Great Car
By Quality Vehicle on 04/08/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Car was bought to replace 1986 Olds Delta 88. Best car purchase my family has made. Driving experience, ride, reliability and comfort are superior. Remanufactured engine at 141K, and the odometer has stopped working at 211K (approximately a month ago). his car survived 2 years of high school and 4 years of college between my sister and I, and It has only begun to rust on the LF quarter panel within the last 2 years. Mileage is decent for this size and weight of vehicle, and cost to own/operate is minimal. After this experience, I won't even look at lesser trim lines of these vehicles. Dad bought a 2004 Grand Marquis to replace Ford Econoline van due to experience with this car.

Good old car
By Adam on 02/27/08 12:56 PM (PST)

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 3.5 years ago at an auction in Florida. I drove this car in outside sales, and collections. I have had excellent service from this vehicle. Most people do not belive it, but I get at 30 miles to the gallon at 80 to 85 MPH on the highway. I had a 1989 Grand Marquis that I bought in 2002 for $700 and drove for 2 years, so this is my second Grand Marquis in the last five years. I have had such good reliability that I will definitly buy another when I wear this one out. I have 250K miles on my 94, and I plan to get another 100K miles out of this car. Great value for the money.

1994 Grand Marquis Review
By StacyAPR on 06/24/07 15:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Overall a good car. I bought it used and I haven't had many problems with it. I like the power of the V8 engine even though it does drink down a bit of gas. It is a luxury vehicle and it drives like one.

Can't Bear To Sell It
By Cathy on 04/21/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and it now has almost 199k miles. It has a few electrical problems, but nothing to affect the performance. I love it and keep it shiny and clean. Everyone thinks it's a lot newer car. Every now and then, I think I'll get a new car of another type, but deep down I know I'll get another GM. It's been the best car I've ever had. I love the ride, the trunk space, the roominess inside, and the exterior design. I hope they don't change them too much in the future.

Faithful, Comfortable
By Taxman on 02/08/05 00:54 AM (PST)

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Purchased used with 107k miles, and this one has every option. I've always wanted Panther platform car, and the deal was too good to pass up. I also own a 2000 Intrepid R/T, but for any road trips, or weekend driving, this one is the one. (The Intrepid is used only for the commute to work). Cheap to own, simple to repair, supremely comfortable and relaxing to drive, it's amazing to me these kinds of cars have fallen out of favor. The "Fun to drive" rating makes an assumption that fun is more important than comfort and arriving related and refreshed. I plan on buying a new LS Ultimate in 2007, but I'll keep this one for a winter/backup car. The Intrepid will not be missed.

Great American Sedan
By Taxman100 on 12/05/04 01:54 AM (PST)

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

Bought it fully loaded with 107,000 miles for $1,200. The intention was to drive while my wife's 2000 Corolla got its mechanical bugs worked out. After owning this car, I'd rather get rid of my newer vehicles before I get rid of this one. It is flat out a well-built, dependable, comfortable, relaxing car to drive. It is the car we take for any out of town trips, and we keep not because we have to, but because we want to. On the fun to drive rating, this car is not designed to be "fun". It is the most comfortable car I've ever driven, and I arrive relaxed and refreshed.

No wonder they never change it
By PatMan on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car used from a 1 year lease. I have owned it for 9 years and still don't want to sell it. I've gone through 3 other cars and still have the Merc. My sons used it when they started working until they could purchase their own car, and it served well when moving rooms of things to college dorms. A true American Car, BIG and comfortable. A very reliable vehicle. Its like that ole dog to me now, I may keep it until the fruit of my loins inherit it.

daddy's favorite
By Gman3008 on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from an elderly woman who had not driven it in over a year prior to my buying it from her. It was in very good condition and required little investment to make it road worthy. This vehicle handles well and is excellent for long road trips. My average 17-18 mpg is more than worth the trade off in comfort, style, and safety. This is definately my favorite car to own so far.