A Great Traditional American Car
By Clifford W on
1993 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan
I bought this car from an older fellow in Feb. 2010 for the sole purpose of replacing my Oldsmobile Aurora. This Grand Marquis is not as advanced or as modern as the car it replaced but the ride and comfort far surpass anything on the road today. I have driven many cars from Acura to Volvo and can personally say that Ford did a great job on keeping the traditional American sedan alive. It is a shame Ford is discontinuing the Panther platform of cars ( Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Town Car) as of 2011 because I am now sold on these excellent cars. The Performance is good for it's almost 3800 pound mass and the powertrain is smooth and responsive. I highly recommend you test drive one today!
Favorite Features
The easy to use controls. Good Cup Holders. Automatic Headlamps. The Ride quality. The keyless entry padlock on the drivers door is a great feature. Very large trunk. Good interior room. Smooth and quick responding 4.6L V8. Easy Steering effort. Highway MPG when loaded down is good for its size.
Suggested Improvements
City MPG, No Rear Child Seat Anchors on older models. Will require you to see your Ford dealer for the latches. Cheap plastics abroad. Air Controls are flimsy and can break easily. Needs a better gear ratio, like 3:31 or more.