Used 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Marquis GS in Russia
By max_lovyago

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this fantastic car two mounth ago and really felt in love with it! In Russia, even in Moscow there are few Mercurys, and especially Marquis. So you drive through Moscow crazy streets like a king! This car has exellent peformance, super comfort (very quiet at the road) and very powerful AC (yes, our summers are hot - 100 F*). My car's mileage is 89 460, but it has contract motor and new transmition - so like new one. It's very pity thst we have few good roads, and maximum speed limit is 74 mph =( So, i want to say thanks to ford, who made such extraordinary car!

V8, Power steering, AC

Shock absorbers should be more adapted for violent roads

A Great Traditional American Car
By Clifford W

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an older fellow in Feb. 2010 for the sole purpose of replacing my Oldsmobile Aurora. This Grand Marquis is not as advanced or as modern as the car it replaced but the ride and comfort far surpass anything on the road today. I have driven many cars from Acura to Volvo and can personally say that Ford did a great job on keeping the traditional American sedan alive. It is a shame Ford is discontinuing the Panther platform of cars ( Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Town Car) as of 2011 because I am now sold on these excellent cars. The Performance is good for it's almost 3800 pound mass and the powertrain is smooth and responsive. I highly recommend you test drive one today!

The easy to use controls. Good Cup Holders. Automatic Headlamps. The Ride quality. The keyless entry padlock on the drivers door is a great feature. Very large trunk. Good interior room. Smooth and quick responding 4.6L V8. Easy Steering effort. Highway MPG when loaded down is good for its size.

City MPG, No Rear Child Seat Anchors on older models. Will require you to see your Ford dealer for the latches. Cheap plastics abroad. Air Controls are flimsy and can break easily. Needs a better gear ratio, like 3:31 or more.

Cool Car Dad
By Cool Car Dad

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I needed a reliable, safe, affordable and clean family car. The LS meets all of the criteria. My 4 year old son likes the car and his review was “cool car dad”. My 7 year old daughter and wife are caught up in the small car preference but I explained the values of the car vs. paying for a small car with a higher price. Many of the repairs that others mentioned as negatives were fixed before I purchased the car. I found the car at an estate sale and looked for such a car for about 3 months. We paid $1,000 for it and it’s the best money ever spent on a car. The previous owner, an older man, took great care of the car. I also like that I am driving a US brand car. A great value!

Safety, Ride, Guages and switches vs. computers, Horse power, Quality interionr appointments.

Paint quality.

Great car!
By Kevin

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as an inexpensive commuter and have been plesantly surprised. I bought it one year ago with 80,000 miles on it. I have put 21,000 miles on it in one year. Had to replace the starter, fuel filter, and replaced the rear brake pads and rotors. I enjoy driving this car because it's very comfy, quiet, and I think it's good on gas considering it has a V-8. I recently returned from a long road trip (1500 miles round trip) and I got 26-28 mpg through the Kentucky/West Virginia mountains. Driving around town and on the highway I average 21 mpg. Currently my "Air bag" light is on but I'm not going to worry about it.

Horsepower when needed, comfort, very roomy front and back seats, large trunk, engine easy to work on.

Air suspension motor is noisey...maybe mine is about to fail. It also operates while sitting in the driveway without the key in ignition. Dont understand why.

A Car with Character
By King Arthur

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

It's surprisingly fun to drive and gets good gas mileage for a V8. The trunk space is huge and the bench seats comfortable. I took it on cross- country trips because it's built for the highway and never had any problems in cold Iowa winters. The rear-wheel drive made it prone to getting stuck in the snow but it always started right up and heated up quickly. Now for the problems. *All four power window motors died, sometimes forcing me to take apart the door to get the window up. *1 door wouldn't unlock from outside OR inside *Power seat died *Gears stripped in the blower for the A/C & heat *A/C went out *Tranny started to slip *Had to junk it after 145,000 mi I still recommend!

Comfortable seats, roomy, gets respect on the road since it's a big car, rear wheel drive, good 25 mpg on highway, plenty of power, interior and exterior hold up well if taken care of.

Better motors and electronics for windows, doors, seats. Heater and A/C problems were common. Headlights very weak.