1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Great Older Car
By yamomwa2 on 11/08/08 10:29 AM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2006, and it's one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. It has a very comfortable ride, and it is very roomy inside. The one thing I didn't like about this car is the clearcoat paint fading. But, this car is reliable, so I can overlook that. It isn't the most fuel efficient vehicle, but the comfort and the smooth ride outweighs that. Overall, the car is a nice car. Although, the driver side window motor died on it and the lock cylinder in my trunk broke.

Great car for a college student
By Hans on 04/10/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I had my G/M for about 4 years during and a little bit after college. I got it with 130K miles and I rarely had a problem. Alternator went bye bye at ~150K miles and I replaced the S-belt at that time as well. I also replaced the starter about a month after that. All work done by me. Very easy car to drive, great car to own. Great to carry people/stuff around for road trips etc. I would own another g/m without hesitating if I didn't mind the size & gas mileage so much. I finally got rid of it November 2007 due to a collection of maintanance items that I couldn't afford. (work cost more than the car was worth)

Comfortable, reliable, a great car
By 92Mercury on 01/06/08 10:46 AM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with around 45,000 original miles on it. The body is nearly perfect. The car rides smooth, road bumps are hardly noticed. Plus it gives you a safe feeling, after all, it is a big car. The engine runs smooth and, with a EPA rating of 19 mpg/city-27 mpg highway, it makes you wonder where modern engineering is, when compared to todays cars.

Amazing First Car
By kpruitt1229 on 11/08/07 17:24 PM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This car was my first car that I got for only 900 and I love it. It drives really nice and for being a big car, it is fairly easy to drive. The steering is pretty loose which I like and it has more power under the hood than most people would think. But I have had to do some minior repairs. I had to get my rear brake pads replaced (which I knew buying the car), a new headlight switch, and my crank sensor stopped working. But thats not too bad and this car has treated me great

1992 Grand Marquis
By amanda on 03/20/06 08:08 AM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I only had this car for about 2 months due to a crash. It originally had 162,000 miles on it, by the end of that 2 months it already had 165,500 miles. It was a pretty good car. Engine light stays on. The plastic headlights had turned yellow over the years(so lights could be brighter). The windshield wipers turned off when I had my left blinker on, but would go back on once I turned. The tapeplayer didn't work, but radio was fine.

great american machine
By nig on 12/31/05 20:55 PM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

this is a fantastic car. drives on air I've been in less comfortable mercedes. not the best on gas but it's worth it for the incredible ride, and style

absulutly great car
By bill14552 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I would definetly buy another one,, this has been a great car,, I have over 175000 miles on it and it runs great, it is using a little oil now though, but after 175000 miles, i think it should use a little, this is a comfortable car to drive, definetly one of ford/mercurys better cars that i have owned, the only problem with it is that the clear coat on the car has started pealing, but its been such a good car that i can look past the pealing clearcoat,

Never buy on a change over year
By B.T. on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Wait for someone else to work out the problems. When the car works, its a blast to drive. But ... in 10 years of ownership: 2 transmissions (every 100K), 2 steering assemblies, 1 fuelpump, check engine light comes on constantly because of bad sensor design (usually a $600 repair - stopped changing it after warranty ran out - no problems since, but I worry). New set of ignition wires every year (they burn out quick - $200 repair). Hard on brakes. Weak spots for rust, fenders - even after rustproofing and annual maintenance. No built in cup holders - what were they thinking - it's a touring sedan?!

Great Car!
By carzRus on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. It is very fun to drive and is very comfortable. Also is VERY QUIET! A must for a used car shopper. Breaks down quite a bit sometimes.

good car
By John Paul on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

lots of power, but the fuel pump died at 71,000, evoking a $420 repair. No rust after 10 years in NYS. WOW!!