1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
92 grand marquis
By john feane on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I really like this car. It's quiet, At 155,000 it made it from NY to FL with no trouble. The only bad thing is the location of the EGR valve. It's hard to get at for service. But, what a great car. I'd take one any day over a Camry

Great Older Car
By yamomwa2 on 11/08/08 10:29 AM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2006, and it's one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. It has a very comfortable ride, and it is very roomy inside. The one thing I didn't like about this car is the clearcoat paint fading. But, this car is reliable, so I can overlook that. It isn't the most fuel efficient vehicle, but the comfort and the smooth ride outweighs that. Overall, the car is a nice car. Although, the driver side window motor died on it and the lock cylinder in my trunk broke.

Great car for a college student
By Hans on 04/10/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I had my G/M for about 4 years during and a little bit after college. I got it with 130K miles and I rarely had a problem. Alternator went bye bye at ~150K miles and I replaced the S-belt at that time as well. I also replaced the starter about a month after that. All work done by me. Very easy car to drive, great car to own. Great to carry people/stuff around for road trips etc. I would own another g/m without hesitating if I didn't mind the size & gas mileage so much. I finally got rid of it November 2007 due to a collection of maintanance items that I couldn't afford. (work cost more than the car was worth)

Comfortable, reliable, a great car
By 92Mercury on 01/06/08 10:46 AM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with around 45,000 original miles on it. The body is nearly perfect. The car rides smooth, road bumps are hardly noticed. Plus it gives you a safe feeling, after all, it is a big car. The engine runs smooth and, with a EPA rating of 19 mpg/city-27 mpg highway, it makes you wonder where modern engineering is, when compared to todays cars.

Amazing First Car
By kpruitt1229 on 11/08/07 17:24 PM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This car was my first car that I got for only 900 and I love it. It drives really nice and for being a big car, it is fairly easy to drive. The steering is pretty loose which I like and it has more power under the hood than most people would think. But I have had to do some minior repairs. I had to get my rear brake pads replaced (which I knew buying the car), a new headlight switch, and my crank sensor stopped working. But thats not too bad and this car has treated me great

great car
By kathy on 09/27/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new. And had wonderful luck with the car , not a lot of problems, it rides so smooth compared to all other cars I have rode in. It has 176,000 mi on it, wouldn't get another car until this one is dead. The worst of the car is the paint job, sun faided really bad. Would like to get a new paint job. Would get another one if it was front wheel drive and better gas milage. Would highly recommend this car to anyone.

1992 Grand Marquis
By amanda on 03/20/06 08:08 AM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I only had this car for about 2 months due to a crash. It originally had 162,000 miles on it, by the end of that 2 months it already had 165,500 miles. It was a pretty good car. Engine light stays on. The plastic headlights had turned yellow over the years(so lights could be brighter). The windshield wipers turned off when I had my left blinker on, but would go back on once I turned. The tapeplayer didn't work, but radio was fine.

great american machine
By nig on 12/31/05 20:55 PM (PST)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

this is a fantastic car. drives on air I've been in less comfortable mercedes. not the best on gas but it's worth it for the incredible ride, and style

Not bad
By John on 05/26/05 14:56 PM (PDT)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

i Got this car 4 years ago and drive it a lot. I have taken it out on two long trips and it handled great. The cost was right in late 2001 at $ 4,500 however now that the car is old I am putting more and more money into it to keep it running. I like big cars and feel sfe in the larger cars. Gas mileage is a sacrifice I am willing to make so far and I limit the total amount of driving.

Older not better
By Todd B on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This has been a good car until very recently. Until about 150k only minor problems, rear window motors broke, but all in all still running strong, now in the last 3 months pass window and lock broke, ac is out, radio is out, y pipe as rotted away, brakes have warped, check engine lite on, but I replaced the vac hoses, plugs and wires, I also seem to have a slow leak on one wheel with every tire I put on it, the car still starts and gets me where i have to go, but if you own one sell before you get to 150k to avoid all of these issues, if I could get $500 for it, it would be gone!