Used 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

92 grand marquis
By john feane

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I really like this car. It's quiet, At 155,000 it made it from NY to FL with no trouble. The only bad thing is the location of the EGR valve. It's hard to get at for service. But, what a great car. I'd take one any day over a Camry

Favorite Features

Big Trunk, V8 (like a Mustang GT), Rear Wheel Drive

Suggested Improvements

The new ones look a little nicer

Great Older Car
By yamomwa2

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2006, and it's one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. It has a very comfortable ride, and it is very roomy inside. The one thing I didn't like about this car is the clearcoat paint fading. But, this car is reliable, so I can overlook that. It isn't the most fuel efficient vehicle, but the comfort and the smooth ride outweighs that. Overall, the car is a nice car. Although, the driver side window motor died on it and the lock cylinder in my trunk broke.

Suggested Improvements

I think the paint could have been improved.

Great car for a college student
By Hans

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I had my G/M for about 4 years during and a little bit after college. I got it with 130K miles and I rarely had a problem. Alternator went bye bye at ~150K miles and I replaced the S-belt at that time as well. I also replaced the starter about a month after that. All work done by me. Very easy car to drive, great car to own. Great to carry people/stuff around for road trips etc. I would own another g/m without hesitating if I didn't mind the size & gas mileage so much. I finally got rid of it November 2007 due to a collection of maintanance items that I couldn't afford. (work cost more than the car was worth)

Favorite Features

Great interior space, gigantic trunk, comfy seats, smooth highway ride, automatic headlights, V8 power, RWD, very few repairs requiring a mechanic

Suggested Improvements

Poor gas mileage (to be expected in a 16 year old car with a 4.6 V8), suspension very soft (not as great for a young driver), AC system used the old type of coolant (very expensive to replace, I opted for windows down), headliner started to come down (again, it's a 16 y/o car)

Comfortable, reliable, a great car
By 92Mercury

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with around 45,000 original miles on it. The body is nearly perfect. The car rides smooth, road bumps are hardly noticed. Plus it gives you a safe feeling, after all, it is a big car. The engine runs smooth and, with a EPA rating of 19 mpg/city-27 mpg highway, it makes you wonder where modern engineering is, when compared to todays cars.

Favorite Features

Keypad on door, illuminated entry system, engine, rear wheel drive, comfort and space.

Suggested Improvements

No cup holders!

Amazing First Car
By kpruitt1229

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This car was my first car that I got for only 900 and I love it. It drives really nice and for being a big car, it is fairly easy to drive. The steering is pretty loose which I like and it has more power under the hood than most people would think. But I have had to do some minior repairs. I had to get my rear brake pads replaced (which I knew buying the car), a new headlight switch, and my crank sensor stopped working. But thats not too bad and this car has treated me great

Favorite Features

It is so comfy to drive and ride in. I love how big the trunk is. Steering is amazing and it is so quiet. It also has quite some power.

Suggested Improvements

I would love it if it was more gas efficent (17 MPG). Also it needs cup holders.