Used 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

Nice Old School Yacht
By Michael

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I have always love big cars. Great for eating up the miles on the Interstate, while getting about 23mpg. Named the car after the owner, Ms Elenor. She took great care of it. The car is completely stock, and wonderful to drive.

The Grand Boat
By Debbie

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Bought from my brother in 1996 who bought it new--he is a mechanic who had the police package installed. You have to think that both taxi companies & police departments have been using the Grand Marquis & Crown Victorias for many, many years! What I most enjoyed about this car was the room & comfort--was like sitting on your sofa! My family & I have put approx. 80,000 miles in 6 years on this vehicle--I only had to do the brakes & rotors once; no tranny or engine work besides flush & fill radiator, oil changes every 3,000 miles & studded snows in the winter. I would get another in a heartbeat-only complaint I have is the torque on the vehicle causing a rear wheel car to spin out in snow

R O O O O O M, great travelling car-- small wonder that the "snow birds" used to drive between NY & FL; I got 20 MPH city & 24 HWY which is exceptional for a car of this size!

Better handling in the snow.

good
By nelson

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

the car is a very good driving car.

Built Ford Tough
By ronnie

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

The 1990 Grand Marquis is a strong, reliable car. One thing to look out for in this vehicle is for alternator problems especially the alternator plug; they tend to melt down (but most 88-91 Fords suffer from this problem). I think the 1990 is the better year for the Grand Marquis because of the 5.0 L engine and the great ride to match. This vehicle has the smoothest ride any- one will have the privilege to experience. The LS has a luxurious interior fully packed with top grain leather and all the power toys you need. The 1990 grand marquis is an over all great car.

The two things i like the most is the large body size; exterior and interior and the 5.0L powerhouse to haul it all.

The things I could have done without are the thick black rubber guards surrounding the body and the soft top look; some hard top special edition with body guards matching the color of the car should have been made; well we can't have it all that's why i did it my self to my Grand Marquis.

the best car
By tony_4004

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

it is better than caprice

the body and style