Used 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:

My Land Yatch
By landyatchcapt

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park GS 4dr Wagon

I got this car through a trade, I traded my 1968 ford custom 2dr sedan for another land boat. :P I wanted comfort, a heater, and a decent sound system, which I got. Lovingly named Martha, she isn't that fast, the 4 speed does the engine no justice at all, the gas mileage is awful but you get a lot of torque. The torque how ever on any slick surface dry, wet, or icy with send your back wheels spinning and/or you sliding. Cant begin to tell you how many times I've power slide into a lane as I pull out into traffic, I probably looks cool on the outside, but scares the bejeebers out of me. I only replaced, the alternator, headlight switch and blinker switch. Bad: Acceleration/speed and mpg

Comfort, cornering lights, space, luggage, full size spare, and Wood Grain siding!!!

New transmission 5 speed at least, or fix the gear ratio. Make it front wheel drive maybe?

My first car
By 412scott

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park LS 4dr Wagon

It was truly like driving a boat, with luxury leather seats. A massive adventure in snow due to the rear wheel drive, though. Always had room for a drum set or musical equipment, or a bunch of friends. Steering felt like a huge delay between when you turned the wheel and when the car actually went the direction you aimed it. This car taught me to drive safely, because if I didn't, I was likely going to crash and take out a few other drivers with me.

The size of a micro small studio apartment in New York City, basically, on the interior, but with nicer furnishings! Cargo space, cargo space, cargo space. Controls were easy to navigate, V8 engine had serious power.

Rear wheel drive was awful

Nice Old School Yacht
By Michael

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I have always love big cars. Great for eating up the miles on the Interstate, while getting about 23mpg. Named the car after the owner, Ms Elenor. She took great care of it. The car is completely stock, and wonderful to drive.

The Grand Boat
By Debbie

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

Bought from my brother in 1996 who bought it new--he is a mechanic who had the police package installed. You have to think that both taxi companies & police departments have been using the Grand Marquis & Crown Victorias for many, many years! What I most enjoyed about this car was the room & comfort--was like sitting on your sofa! My family & I have put approx. 80,000 miles in 6 years on this vehicle--I only had to do the brakes & rotors once; no tranny or engine work besides flush & fill radiator, oil changes every 3,000 miles & studded snows in the winter. I would get another in a heartbeat-only complaint I have is the torque on the vehicle causing a rear wheel car to spin out in snow

R O O O O O M, great travelling car-- small wonder that the "snow birds" used to drive between NY & FL; I got 20 MPH city & 24 HWY which is exceptional for a car of this size!

Better handling in the snow.

good
By nelson

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

the car is a very good driving car.