1990 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
My Land Yatch
By landyatchcapt on 07/11/13 17:19 PM (PDT)

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park GS 4dr Wagon

I got this car through a trade, I traded my 1968 ford custom 2dr sedan for another land boat. :P I wanted comfort, a heater, and a decent sound system, which I got. Lovingly named Martha, she isn't that fast, the 4 speed does the engine no justice at all, the gas mileage is awful but you get a lot of torque. The torque how ever on any slick surface dry, wet, or icy with send your back wheels spinning and/or you sliding. Cant begin to tell you how many times I've power slide into a lane as I pull out into traffic, I probably looks cool on the outside, but scares the bejeebers out of me. I only replaced, the alternator, headlight switch and blinker switch. Bad: Acceleration/speed and mpg

My first car
By 412scott on 08/05/11 11:17 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park LS 4dr Wagon

It was truly like driving a boat, with luxury leather seats. A massive adventure in snow due to the rear wheel drive, though. Always had room for a drum set or musical equipment, or a bunch of friends. Steering felt like a huge delay between when you turned the wheel and when the car actually went the direction you aimed it. This car taught me to drive safely, because if I didn't, I was likely going to crash and take out a few other drivers with me.

Nice Old School Yacht
By Michael on 05/09/10 11:49 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

I have always love big cars. Great for eating up the miles on the Interstate, while getting about 23mpg. Named the car after the owner, Ms Elenor. She took great care of it. The car is completely stock, and wonderful to drive.

The Grand Boat
By Debbie on 04/02/05 23:12 PM (PST)

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

Bought from my brother in 1996 who bought it new--he is a mechanic who had the police package installed. You have to think that both taxi companies & police departments have been using the Grand Marquis & Crown Victorias for many, many years! What I most enjoyed about this car was the room & comfort--was like sitting on your sofa! My family & I have put approx. 80,000 miles in 6 years on this vehicle--I only had to do the brakes & rotors once; no tranny or engine work besides flush & fill radiator, oil changes every 3,000 miles & studded snows in the winter. I would get another in a heartbeat-only complaint I have is the torque on the vehicle causing a rear wheel car to spin out in snow

good
By nelson on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

the car is a very good driving car.

Built Ford Tough
By ronnie on 03/18/02 14:25 PM (PST)

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4dr Sedan

The 1990 Grand Marquis is a strong, reliable car. One thing to look out for in this vehicle is for alternator problems especially the alternator plug; they tend to melt down (but most 88-91 Fords suffer from this problem). I think the 1990 is the better year for the Grand Marquis because of the 5.0 L engine and the great ride to match. This vehicle has the smoothest ride any- one will have the privilege to experience. The LS has a luxurious interior fully packed with top grain leather and all the power toys you need. The 1990 grand marquis is an over all great car.

the best car
By tony_4004 on 03/06/02 11:19 AM (PST)

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan

it is better than caprice

the best car
By tony_4004 on 03/06/02 11:18 AM (PST)

the bestcar