2002 Mercury Cougar Consumer Review: Cougar XR Type-S, Cosworth V-6

2002 Mercury Cougar - Consumer Review

2002 Mercury Cougar

Sport Ultimate 2dr Hatchback (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Cougar XR Type-S, Cosworth V-6
By Heather on

2002 Mercury Cougar Sport Ultimate 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

While trying to research specs about my car, I never seem to be able to find it. It "doesn't exist" according to almost everyone. Even when I needed a few parts to fix my car the computers at the auto shop didn't have my car on their list and couldn't help me. Why is this? Obviously my car exist or it wouldn't be parked in my driveway. My car is a 2002 Cougar XR Type S. It also has a V-6 cosworth engine in it unlike the base models and it was produced/manufactured by Auto Alliance, not Ford. My car also has the special black paint, hood scoop, spoiler, XR badges on the exterior. The interior has black & red leather seats with the cougar logo and XR logo carpets. Cont. in favorites.

Also, my car is standard which I have not found one cougar that was standard besides mine(so far). Hood Scoop, black & red leather seats... just about everything, especially the seat adjustments (im a very short person). This car is the best car I've ever driven. And the handling is amazing!

more information about my car.... also more upgrades available. I tried to put a super coil on my car which the site said it was the right part, tried to put it in, and the plugs didn't match. So I returned it and got another one that said it was the right part, and the plugs still didn't match.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review