2002 Mercury Cougar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cougar model:
Overall, a great car.
By Oneandonlywayne on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Since their release in 1998, I've lusted for a Mercury Cougar. I finally got my chance when I traded in my Grand Marquis in January of 2002. This car is amazing. It still turns heads as I go down the road. The car seems to be moving, even when it's parked. Interior styling is done fantastically, although some plastics have a cheap feel to them.

Not your Daddy's Cougar
By purpix1 on 03/14/02 07:18 AM (PST)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The short, round the block test drive I took with the new 2002 Mercury Cougar (2.5 v6), did not do this car justice. I bought the car however, based on other factors as well (price, fuel economy, options etc). After a few days of really getting the feel for this car on the open road, I began to realize the true sports car nature of this vehicle. Crisp, sure-handling, power and performance make for an effortless, yet exciting driving experience. You can really feel the sports car lurking within the Cougar on the curves. Smooth and sure-footed. The engine and transmission are smooth and responsive as well, with plenty passing power on the freeways.

Killer Coupe
By owee on 03/13/02 01:05 AM (PST)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If cars like GM could have as beautiful as Mercury cougar, I'd buy one. Look how the car stand exterior and interior and tell me your car is better looking than this one. No one even come close... Poor marketing made this wonderfull car suffer.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
By junglewank on 03/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

When I was looking for a car I had never thought that a cougar would be the one. But when I saw the new XR package I knew I had found the car I was looking for. So far I have nothing but great things to say about the car; it drives great, looks great and is an awesome car for picking up chicks. The stereo system is also great and the leather seats are so comfortable. The car has great steering and makes tough, sharp right turns easy. This is a great car worth every penny spent.

2001 Mercury Cougar
By RFarrell on 03/08/02 04:03 AM (PST)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Had a 1999 Cougar. Bought the 2001. Large improvement in interior styling and feel(driveability). Could use some more power, but then again can't every car? I am very happy with my car. Handles well. Firm but not harsh ride. Nice styling. Good quality interior materials. A good value.