2002 Mercury Cougar Consumer Reviews 7

2002 Mercury Cougar - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Cougar model:
AWESOME
By BLK KAT on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd car and definately the best I've ever had. V6,5 speed. Mine has a Stage 1 Roush package on it. For those that don't know, it's got really cool ground effects, rear spoiler, 17" wheels with the Roush emblem, Roush floormats and an exhaust tip that makes it sound like a bumble bee. I was hesitant on leather interior and black for the color but I was sold on the Roush package. It's a 2000 model and it only had 7000 miles on it (was reposessed and passed around dealerships) when I bought it for $14500. My old car was a Neon and for $5000 more it's a helluva deal! I love it! And get compliments ALL THE TIME!

Last Cougar?
By KYCoug on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Really "fun" car to drive, and the price was right ... don't know why it didn't sell better.

i got a 2000 cougar its really great!
By cherse Fell on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

i got mine a few months ago and while i was driving late one night i hit a raccoon and it really damaged my flood lights and the front end of my car around there and that was only a raccoon thats the only problem and its reallly expensive to get it fixed but i still will cause i love it its a really great car to drive and its confortable and its overall great.

"The only car I want to drive"
By Cougar for life on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 1999 cougar which was my first car when I was a junior in high school, but I was foolish and traded that car in when it had 46000 miles on it. Now, I am a sophmore in college and I recently purchased a 2002 cougar. This one is the Ultimate version. Both of my cougars have been excellent cars. The minute I get into them I get a feeling like the car was made specifically for me. That is probably the best thing about the car. What else can I say? I haven't had any problems with either of the cougars I've owned.

The best car for the money "excellent"
By Raymond A. Garrido on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I really was'nt thinking to buy a new a car, but I have to admit that when i test drove the Cougar v6 with the c2 package I fell in love with it!! With the help of the Salesman Mr. Carlo everything went smoothly, needless to say that Mr. Alvarez the finance Mgr. put every effort on it, I got a good interest rate & a cash rebate, the car handles like a European car, the performance only compared with a good Sport Car it has plenty of power, I when I knew about a tune-up's every 100,000 miles I said the American Automotive Industry finally got it.! It's very confortable for two people (in the front) forget 4 on a trip.

Love my Cougar
By Nickt on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Cougar one year ago, and I love it. It has been a great car, and I am really surprised how good it is on gas. It has been very dependable, other than a broken hood latch. The ride is great, although the car is a bit loud. This car seems to get some bad press, and I don't see why. To me, the quality is very good, and the overall feel of the car is great. I also can not understand why Mercury is discontinuing this car. It could give the Eclipse/Acura NSX/ Toyota/etc. a ride for their money if Mercury would enhance some things.

My New 2002 Mercury Cougar, V6 Base
By garym1j on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just traded a 2000, with 29,200 miles, for a 2002, same color, base model V6. The 2000 was a sports model with the big tires which I found a little noisy with a rough ride. The 2002 base model has smaller tires which are very quiet with a smoother ride. The stereo system in the 2002 model I bought is very much improved with disc and tape. I can even hear it now due the the reduced road noise. I bought the car to refresh the warranty and enhance trouble free driving.

Don't go to Village Lincoln Mercury
By Jelena on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Worst experiences with a new car purchase. Dealership very unprofessional. New car leaked when it rained,sprinkle,or a car wash.Service told me to “expect water leakage”, they weren’t able to fix it or come up with a solution.It was fixed when I had to take one of them with me through a car wash. Amazing that trained technicians can’t fix a leakage problem after the 4th try. Leakage since day one, air conditioner problem, and after driving past 2,000, you can really tell a difference in the performance. I couldn’t imagine that car lasting more than a year without any more major problems, if I would have kept it.

Sleek Sports Car !!!!
By Elizvi94 on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 2001 V6, leather seats, 6 cd changer,ABS,anti-theft,side & front airbags,automatic. I really enjoy driving this car. I like it because a lot of people don't own one. It is much better looking than the Acura or Mits.

Trading my 2000 for a 2002!
By Misifer on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2000 for a steal at the end of the model year and had a few problems right out of warranty, (about 40,000 miles). I needed a new fuel pump but my dealership replaced it as if I had the extended warranty. I'm now at 52,000 miles in about 21 months and looking to trade it in for the 2002. No other major problems, just that now the Oxygen Sensor Light is stuck on, but it may be related to this fuel pump thing. I get about 32.6 MPG, love how the interior feels, and how the car handles. I could care less about speed but after about 50 MPH this little cat really moves!