2002 Mercury Cougar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cougar model:
I HATE my Cougar
By Lyssa on 07/08/10 06:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar Sport Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Cougar with 62k miles on it. Ive had nothing but issues since I got the vehicle and have spent thousands fixing it. Now at 84k miles on it me engine is knocking and ready to go. Nothing but Engine problems since Ive had it and other misc. things. The gas mileage is horrible. Everyone I've known that has owned a Cougar has had issues with the engine or transmission. Take my advice, buy a Honda.

Beautiful Cat
By Michael on 03/27/10 10:53 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercury Cougar Sport Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Notable information about the Cougar: -The engine was designed by Cosworth. They also design engines that go in formula one cars. Pretty respectable. -The Cougar introduced ford's new Edge design. Notable among this is that the cougar is a blend between American and European design. The hatchback styling is European, the high displacement high torque engine is american muscle. It was designed to be at home on the twisty nuburing. -Ford discontinued it because the Cougar dances around the Mustang. Ford wanted to sell Mustangs because they're in keeping with the all american Ford image. They also sold them for $20K more, the same thing was done to the Thunderbird. Twice.

Ann's car
By Ann marie on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercury Cougar Sport Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is wonderful, I haven't regretted buying it. I got into an accident, and it was pretty bad, and my car came out perfect. The structure on my 2002 stayed strong, and it's comfort it perfect.

the car
By mark stahlnecker on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercury Cougar Sport Premium 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

great car, great ride, great price.