Used 2000 Mercury Cougar Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercury Cougar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cougar model:

Loved it!
By Tlover

2000 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

Well this car was given to me by my parents as my first car. It was a great first car! Very sporty and got alot of attention. The only problem I ended up having with it was the sunroof broke and was going to cost a fortune to replace! Next problem...I don't drive it anymore is that I was rear ended at 50mph which in turn made me slam into the car in front of me. The car was absolutely crushed like a little can and guess what...no airbag deployment. Don't crash and the car is great!

Unique look of the car, superb handling!

Crash safety!!!!!!!!!!! And cupholders.

I hate this car!
By brittlya

2000 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

I truly hate this car! I am always having some type of problem with this car! Every year since I have had it there has been something that breaks down on it! Its truly ridiculous! I would not recommend this car to ANYONE!! Its the biggest waste of money thats ever been spent!

I wouldnt buy
By Wanda

2000 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

I have had to replace 3 alternators, has to get tires replaced a lot. I have to get my transmission electrial system replaced. I had to get wiring for from my engine to my alternator. My set does move up it stays in one place. My trunk, will not open on its own. Recommendation, is to check out every's car reviews before purchasing this vechile.

I love the power the car has, and the sportness

Piece of Junk
By Horrible Vehicle

2000 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

My wife purchased this car new for around 30,000 Canadian and it has been nothing but trouble, broken master cylinder causing brake failure while driving, intake manifold carboning up, broken brake calipers, premature brake wear (every 50,000 km), sun roof failure, fuel pump failure, poor suspension (shock failure 80,000 km), check engine light comes on constantly, maintenance light on since new and dealer cannot clear, the car is worth nothing now. Do not purchase this car!

Nothing good to say about this car.

Burn it.

ok.......
By ok....

2000 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

i really liked this car when i saw it on the lot, but now i hate it. Its got a lot of problems and i would not recommend it to anyone else. It shakes in between 60-70 mph The check engine light turns on and off. Its horrible on gas i get maybe 18 mpg The windshield wipers are horrible I hate this car I'm gonna buy a jetta!

sound