1999 Mercury Cougar Consumer Review: Worst Mistake EVER!

1999 Mercury Cougar - Consumer Review

V6 2dr Hatchback (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Worst Mistake EVER!
By SunshineE on

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

This car was the worst mistake my father and I could ever make. I should have known better. Its American made! Everything that could go wrong did. My father spent so much money fixing this car its ridiculous. He spent more than the actual cars worth! It has been in and out of our mechanic since Dec 2009, I've had it less than a year and I'm already selling this piece of junk. The gas mileage is horrible. 16.5 mpg (city) I should be driving a huge SUV with that gas mileage. It was nothing but headaches beginning to end. I would strongly advise anyone to never buy this car. I can't wait to get rid of it. I'm scared every time I get in it. I always think its going to break down on me. Never again!

Leather Seats, Sunroof was fun, Sound system was really good & the six disc cd changer was awesome.

The a/c was horrible! The backseats were real funky. I hate the design and always heard people complain. The hood would get extremely hot and I hated that. Definitely worst car build.