1999 Mercury Cougar Consumer Review: I have two Cougars!

1999 Mercury Cougar - Consumer Review

V6 2dr Hatchback (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

I have two Cougars!
By My2cougars on

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

I love to drive these cars! They can be expensive to fix and a little hard to see out of. The back seat is not a bench, so if you need room in the back, this car is not for you. You can only fit two people in the back, and it doesn't get much leg room. Both of my cup holders are broken, so I have to use the one in the back. There is a lot of trunk space, and the car has pretty good pick up too. But it makes wide turns, forget trying to make a sharp turn, it won't happen. I like the factory rims mine have on them, and I have driven them both to 150,000 miles now. They are an expensive car to fix though, the parts can be kinda hard to find and a little pricey.

My sunroof, the gas mileage, the large trunk, and the 5 disc cd player. I love the look of the car.

Cup holders! The bucket seats in the back look attractive, but can be a problem when you are lugging around more than 2 people. It can be a pain to work on. You can get used to hearing your mechanic grumble, though. Mechanics don't like them because everything is too compact under the hood.