1999 Mercury Cougar Consumer Reviews 15

1999 Mercury Cougar - Consumer Reviews

1999 Mercury Cougar I4 2dr Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cougar model:
great
By davisjim on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

Nice car - a little small for anyone over 6 foot tall.

It is a perfect car! i love it!
By Dally on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

i thought it us a great car!

I love my cougar
By StaindLibra on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

i bought this car used and still it drives perfectly new! I love it!

Lemon!!!
By kp2002 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

This is the worst car ever!!! In the two years since I purchased the vehicle I have had it in the shop 6 times for stalling or not starting. I have problems with my windows leaking. The interior construction is a mess. Shortly after purchase, the upholstry in the back seat starting coming up. And don't get me started on the worthless cup holder that has spilled more drinks than it has supported. Also the interior lights have had shorts since purchase. Other than the cute body style I don't have anything positive to say!

what a junk
By melina on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

ive had my cougar for a while now and till this day it gives me problems. the second day i bought i took it through a car wash and the side mirror broke. and ive had problems with the engine too. i dont think that car is worth $23,000 thats how much i paid for it cuz it was a special edition but man its not worth it at all that why my ex drives it now cuz just like the car hes not worth it.

Black Cat
By Arion on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

The cougar is a nice looking car. It handles and rides well, but is underpowered, and overmatched by little japanese 4-cylinders. Of all Sport coupes, this is probably the nicest and more of a nice sporty car to cruise in.

Just ratings
By SJC on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

A great car!

Cougar Not so bad
By thekug on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

I have enjoyed my Cougar - it lack some straight line speed, but is fun when moving (take into the foothills and back roads) I have had no probs with mine after 49,000 miles - except the dash is getting a little rattle. But for all that handling and style for 18,500 (and I have the V6) the value has held up well. The I4 is too small, but my six is getting quicker with a few low cost asftermarket parts.

The only good part is the design!
By Pritchett on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

The only part of the the Cougar I liked was the design. I have had my car 9 months and have only been able to drive it appx. 4.5 months. I have had problems with my starter, the battery cable routing, my gear shifter sticks, the front defroster grille on dash board melts and pops out and Live in Mi. where its cold. Oh and how could I forget when the puter chip went out and the stero alwats cutting off. Any questions.

Don't Waste Your Time
By farfalle20 on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Mercury Cougar V6 2dr Coupe

In the less than 3 years that I have had my car it has been a total lemon. First it was the brake system then the transmission and lately just like the other person on this rating it shuts down on the freeway whenever it feels like. I have had the fuel relay replaced as well as the computer and it still does this. I really wish I could just get rid of it. A great disappointment because it had the potential to be a really great car.