Used 1994 Mercury Capri Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mercury Capri - Consumer Reviews

1994 Mercury Capri

View reviews for a specific Capri model:

I love this car
By redcap

1994 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

I purchased my Capri in 1996 and drove it for a few years as my only car. I had some foot issues and had to stop driving stick so the car sat - fell into disrepair but I would not part with it. I still kept the engine up and my service man thought I was nuts but he obliged. This year, I had surgery and I am now going to drive her again. I just had her restored to her former glory and she is like a brand new car. I look forward to driving her (nice days only - she's deserving of it) She is stored for winter and will only see sunshine going forward.

Favorite Features

As soon as I get behind the wheel, I am 10 years younger. She is fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Parts are hard to come by and very expensive - due to their being frequently used - you have to trust the source - I suggest used parts should be pictured before purchased.

Love it too much.
By drbob

1994 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

I bought my Capri in 1998. What a fun car to drive. I have had many convertibles and none seem to have that "Fun Factor". I have had minimal problems with my '94. Dependable Mazda engine keeps it running smooth. A real bargin at todays prices. With the limited production run of the Capri's (approx 55,000), and fuel costs going through the roof, this is one roadster that will be rising in price soon. Great car to fix up since it is so inexpensive. Get one and enjoy!

Favorite Features

So inexpensive, you can afford the customization.

Suggested Improvements

Tops can leak at times. When fixing it up, get the cloth top. Paint it your own personal color and you will have the most sharp and unique car wherever you live.

Fun little car
By binhgirl

1994 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

This is a fun little car. Very economical and good for driving around town. The only problems with it where the pop up head lights. A surprising amount of room in side and in the trunk for its size. Also the nice feature of the back seat folding down and being able to extend long items into the trunk. Also, sometimes parts can be expensive as they where all made at the plant in Australia.

Favorite Features

The fact that the top folds down under its own built in hard cover.

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the lights!