1993 Mercury Capri - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Capri model:
Fun, Fun, FUN!!!
By neoncraig on 07/10/11 12:11 PM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

I have had the pleasure of having a rare in My life. That would be the "Special" '93 Capri that I have dubbed a Sheep in Wolfs clothing. '93 was the year Mercury decided a good idea would be dress a base like Turbo and see if anybody noticed, As a pure Fun ride this car is ahead of it's time. If it were to be released today it think it would be neck and neck with it's rear wheel drive cousin The Mazda MX-5. Performance is great!!! The results of neglect were easily corrected with standard and available parts. The A/c still works and was part of the XR@ upgrade as was the working, at 20mph cruise control. Mileage has been between 18 and 24 MPH depending on type. Do I recomend this??? Oh YEAH!

Fun Hey, it's a convertible
By barry on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

The best is putting the top down and going around the twisty back roads. We live in central PA and it's fun driving the back windy roads. Sometimes I would like more power but I have the normally aspirated engine. We paid $3,000 for it. It's not perfect but when the top is down with my wife and I driving a nice road - Heaven

Awesome Car
By Cole on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

This car is amazing. It is not only my first car but the first time I ever drove a stick. This car is a bit delicate but that comes with it being so light weight. If you treat it well it will also treat you well. It doesn't accelerate very quickly but unless you're planning on racing that really shouldn't be an issue. All in all it's an amazing car.

Love My Capri
By snake on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

I bought this little convertible used in '97 with about 45K mi.. The dealer was less than reputable not advising the car had been in a wreck . I am the 2nd owner; the 1st 3 yrs the vehicle was completely trouble free. Body construction a bit flimsy, dents when leaned on too hard, but handling, pick up, comfort and maintenance are all worth overlooking this flaw. Then there's the gas mileage-30+ mpg in city traffic and who knows what on the highway-its always great! Oil, Filter, Tires and the usual maintenance and this is a great little car. I've been more than pleasantly surprised!

Love My Capri
By SNAKE on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Ebay Capri
By JLT on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

Bought this from a dealer off of Ebay about a year ago. Its been a great little car, and cost about the same as my first car (Opel GT) 20 years ago. Motor/tranny is solid, parts aren't too hard to come by, other than body specific things. Economical top-down fun.

Yay Capri
By nalakats on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

I love my car. People come up to me all the time and ask me what kind of car it is, and tell me how cute it is. I am very attatched to the car, I don't know how I'll part with it.

great first starter
By Daisy21701 on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

I love my capri! I have had very few problems with my capri! The only major fix was the distibutor and that was because the car has 134,000 miles on it! It's great to put the top down and go! I couldn't of asked for a better car!Its a great first car ,not to fast, but not to slow!

used 93 Capri Convertible
By E-man on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

Bought this car used from a dealer in TN. Paid 4300.00 cash . Never heard of this model before, but it was in good shape and it looked fun. Day after I bought it, tokk it out on a 150 mile trip along TN/KY backroads didnt know what to expect, but so far it has performed great and is really alot of fun. Took it out in the rain recently adn it worked fine as well! Im liking the car fine!

good little capri
By rshanks66 on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

My Capri has been extremely reliable, fuel-efficient, and best of all, FUN! Drop the top, put on my shades and every traffic jam seems to not matter. I've gotten a lot of use out of the backseat, too, having hauled my Labrador, boxes and furniture, and the occasional person—more useful as an everyday driver than the Miata. It's very relaible, rarely causing a problem with 133,000 miles on the odometer. The Capri is basically a Mazda 323, so the engine is better than the typical American 4-cylindar. As it's getting older, common parts like exhaust systems are hard to find.