1991 Mercury Capri - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Capri model:
Love this car!!
By kansasryan42 on 04/12/13 00:06 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

I love this car but the only problem is, is that there isn't a place that i can buy cheap parts for it. Ebay is overpriced and autopart stores don't sell most parts. so if you know where i can find a cheap driver side window regulator, let me know. Cause its bugging me not being able to roll down my window.

Zippy Lil Drop Top
By Dr.IQ on 12/14/09 15:16 PM (PST)

1991 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo 2dr Convertible

Inherited my XR2 from Dad. He bought it new in '91 upon retirement. Less than 12K! He recently replaced the top. Drivers headlight doesn't pop-up, door locks questionable and interior QC sorely lacking. Otherwise, great shape. Fun to drive; but considerable turbo lag and FW drive, so it really oversteers! Wider, stickier tires and strut brace will help. Nice looking w/ top down but dorky tiny wheels/skinny tires. Looking for 15" 7 spoke rims from '94s. I've a '94 Mazda RX7. THAT's a real sportscar! XR2's more a sporty econobox with soft top. Surprisingly comfortable, roomy and good ride. Easy drop top. Large trunk for a small car. Awesome gas mileage at 30+ highway. Spongy brakes.

Great lil' car!
By julie churchill on 11/10/09 16:51 PM (PST)

1991 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

When my grandfather passed away a few years ago, i inherited this cut little car. He wasn't big into paying attention to it's needs and was always a cheapskate, so some things aren't in the best shape, but it still going good! I have been trying to restore it to all its original splendor, but its rather pricey to do in high school... This car had kind of a ruuf life, so it doesn't have as much power as it used to, but it gets goin' when you aren't payin attention. haha, great little car!

bye bye baby
By ktyrox on 10/30/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

Wow! I've loved every minute of owning this great little red car. Perfect for local runabout--has always been reliable and trouble free, and loads of fun to drive. Sorry to part with this old friend, but with all the SUVs and trucks on the road, I am not as confident in myself as I used to be. It's time for someone else to enjoy this wonderful auto.

love these cars
By mark&david on 10/24/09 21:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

I an on my second capri ... the first was a xr2 turbo now on a non turbo. one of the most fun cars ive driven it gets great fuel economy . I actually searched out my present one and luckily found it for a steal from someone that didnt realize what they had again I love these cars

Great car for free
By CC XR2 on 05/24/09 23:45 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo 2dr Convertible

I can't complain at all!! Friends of mine was moving last fall and they had this car sitting out on their field, said it wasn't working. And asked I wanted to have it?! A question answered with a YES! Turned out it was a simple fuse. Definitely a head turner due to the fact few people knows about this car. Still all original, NO RUST!, and with a top not leaking! New tires is on it's way! Arctic White with blue/red stripes. A perfect summer car. Average mpg (doing longdistance driving: 38mpg!)

Love this car!
By rgcowgirl on 03/15/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo 2dr Convertible

I paid more than the blue book value for this car, have done almost $2,500 in repairs and maintenance, but do NOT regret it all. It drives great, handles well with alot of zip! The Turbo has great performance and I still get 30-36 mpg on this doll. I painted her red of course, and it turns heads. There were only a few of these made and I enjoy having one of the better ones now and I didn't have to go into big debt for a cute, sporty, rare classic!

Celeesha
By Celeesha on 11/22/08 09:34 AM (PST)

1991 Mercury Capri 2dr Convertible

I love my Capri. I drove the car for a year and desided to buy something else so I wouldn't put miles on it. I am running 103,379 miles and only drive it when I am feeling frisky.

Fun Turbo Convertible
By rhonda on 04/02/08 13:20 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo 2dr Convertible

Luckily I found this car with 39,000 original miles. The turbo gives amazing passing power for a 4 cyl. engine, there's not much accelaration in first or second gear, but third gear blows the doors off of other small, sporty cars. The gas mileage is 32+. I've painted it bright red, done some minor mechanical repairs, plan on new interior cloth this season and painting the wheels chrome. This doll always turns heads and I get a lot of questions about the car. This is my third sports car and I really love this one!! Will keep and repair until can be passed down to the grandson who also loves it.

turbo XR2
By hall85 on 08/22/07 22:30 PM (PDT)

1991 Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo 2dr Convertible

This car has been great to drive. I love the turbo and I have been able to find many upgrades on the net. for the money there is not a better car out there. If you find one with the turbo buy it you won't regret it.